1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Advice needed Air Canada Baggage 2018

Discussion in 'Canada' started by LDJ, Dec 23, 2017.

1. LDJ

LDJ One of Us

Me and the wife are leaving in 2 days for almost 4 weeks on 25th December from Brisbane to Calgary. Super excited and just packing now. I have read one of the other threads recently about baggage on air Canada being 2 x 23kg but that you need to pay extra for ski bags. Has anyone flown this route recently? If I have to pay $100 extra per ski bag each way I will only take one (Put my skis & wife's board in that) and then use normal bags for the clothes, boots etc. I rather not pay at all as our overall weight will be way under across the 4 bags but what can you do.

2. KneeDeep

KneeDeep One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Use to be the case but changed this time last year. You are allowed two checked bags each of 23kg, includes ski bags. No problem.

3. cookieman

cookieman One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

i am flying air canada to vancouver calgary tomorrow.done it bwfore with ski bag and check in bag each under 23 kg per person.no problem.

4. LDJ

LDJ One of Us

Sweet thanks for the info I’ll make sure the skis bags are under 23kg

5. zac150

zac150 A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Don’t stress to much about the 23kg, ours were 28 on the way out and 24 on the way back, I took our boots out of the bags and carried them in their cases.

Neither time did anyone blink as all up we were well under 46kg.

6. Marty_McSly

Marty_McSly Staying the **** at home. Ski Pass: Gold

How full was the flight?

My ski bag was pulled out and weighed last year for the YVR/BNE flight, it weighed 28kg and I had to pay CAD100. But my flight was full, no vacant seats at all. They were calling for people to check carry-on bags as they couldn't guarantee enough overhead locker space.

Still it was the cheapest way to get the skis I bought over there back home.

7. zac150

zac150 A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Both flights were 100% full! Our other bags were all under the 10kg mark and if challenged my boots were in a briefcase style boot bag I could just pull out. In both cases they marked the bags heavy.