1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Air Canada changes seat configuration on 777's

Discussion in 'Flights' started by robbo mcs, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Marty_McSly

Marty_McSly Backwards to the future! Ski Pass: Gold

The flights out of Brisbane seem to be less of a zoo than the Sydney flights. The newer plane helps, the 787's have cabin pressure equivalent to 1800m altitude, compared to the 777's 2400m. The benefits apparently include less dehydration, which supposedly results in less jet lag, and makes the food taste less bland.

I had no issues flying AC from/to Brisbane last year, even on the return flight which had every seat filled. I slept about 6 hours on the return flight. In fact I was so relaxed that I was able to "leave the best part of me behind" somewhere over the Pacific, around 4am Brisbane time.

Due to the vagaries of supply and demand, it's sometimes cheaper to fly SYD/BNE/YVR on AC than SYD/YVR.

2. chicski

chicski A Local Ski Pass: Gold

3. Crystal

Crystal Sand skier extraordinaire Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Looking forward to that :)

4. sly_karma

sly_karma Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Sounds like a lot depends on aircraft delivery performance. First routes announced are Tokyo and Beijing. Then probably a couple of European destinations, Munich and Rome not currently serviced direct from western Canada. Then the Australia run. Highly likely these flights will all be from Westjet's hub city: Calgary. Will change the dynamics some for Aussie skiers.

azzski likes this.
  5. Crystal

Crystal Sand skier extraordinaire Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

We'll just ski the other side of BC instead...Kickinghorse, Fermie, Panorama, ect :)

zac150 and oldgeezer like this.
  6. Jacko4650

Jacko4650 One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Sounds very interesting.

7. sly_karma

sly_karma Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Something must be going right at Westjet, they are paying cash for those planes.

8. DidSurfNowSki

DidSurfNowSki One of them Ski Pass: Gold

piolet likes this.
  9. Gimped

Gimped One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

I,m just so glad that we took everyone's advice from here and chose not to consider AC !

10. Slalom

Slalom A Local Ski Pass: Gold

piolet likes this.
  11. SnowRabbit

SnowRabbit Addicted

And there I was sitting here in Sydney waiting for your flight to arrive so I could get on board and fly back to Canada to begin my ski holiday. Now I know why it was delayed. I'd followed it from Toronto on Flightradar24 and couldn't work out why it hadn't left Vancouver. Finally checked the weather alerts for Vancouver and discovered the snow storm. But couldn't work out why some planes were leaving. Hadn't realised they needed de-icing and of course the flight crew hours.
    Your flight arrived around 9:30pm. To give Air Canada credit they turned the plane around and got us underway in a bit over an hour. Unfortunately that meant we arrived in Vancouver 10 hours behind schedule and of course I missed my connecting flight. Luckily I made it onto another flight that night but of course my luggage didn't. Finally made it up to a minus 24 degrees Big White around midnight with no winter clothing. Luggage arrived next morning. :mad::)

12. piolet

piolet Better make it three Ski Pass: Gold

Thanks for the morning chuckle, love me some hyperbole
    The seating issue sounds like the only controllable issue in that whole piece. Not the best result, I'd suggest asking to be deboarded, bags and all. Seats may magically get fixed. Traveling with kids sucks when it doesn't go to plan.