Mega Thread Alpine and Southern Summer Weather Hotplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

POW Hungry

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 28, 2000
Eastern Burbs of Sydney
GFS going for a 'thing of beauty' by Thursday eve.
8pm AEDT
gfs_ir_aus_19.png

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
Regardless of what it is called.... the weather that @dawooduck was hoping for kicked off about 30 mins back. Breeze is up. Rains falling. BOM showing Perisher with almost 6mm over the past half hour. And a sheep graziers warning is up as well @Kelpieboy.
Not a lot of rain ,4.8mm in the jar but probably missing a % now as rain is almost horizontal.
Sheep are in protected gully's but I dont have any squibs on the ground right now ,most of mine are a few weeks away from transport at this time of year.

Reactions: SMSkier

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Something brewing over Thredbo way

20210205_075211.jpg

Yep. Winds are reasonably steady and going by the BOM should pick up considerably later today. Some of the stock out front of shops in the old centre in Jindy being returned to in store. wonder if there will be an upgrade this afternoon to predicted rainfall totals ?

FB92A3EC-9E34-4CA3-8B83-C5AA25D3674D.png

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
I may have to put off laying a little slab for the new pump setup ....

Looks like a fast east mover, rain is anyone's guess.

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
The forecast rains for NSW mountains moved in proper about 45 mins back.....

Perisher picked up 7mm in the past 30 minutes.

Currently solid rain on the leeward. Should be at your place @dawooduck.

image.jpg

Reactions: Sir Surfalot

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
  • Perisher Valley 58 mm at 6:00 a.m.
  • Thredbo TS 103 mm at 6:00 a.m. Some decent fall rates overnight
  • And 44 mm here at Moonbah. Paddocks will love that.
River at home will pick up a stack of water from the falls at Thredbo - headwaters at Mt Terrible. So a good flush on the way.

Quite a decent rain event for the region.

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne
hi do any of you legends have an idea on weather for the mt buller area next fri-sat-sun (feb 19,20,21), ive got a 100km trundle going on, will help to have a sniff if i'm in for torrential rain, wild winds, heatwaves, snow or benign summer weather!

Ideally - down to 2 or 3 overnight, top temp 12, light winds, partly cloudy. Not asking much! :)

Thanks!

WarrandyteWX

One of Us
Jul 10, 2019
Not here anymore.
hi do any of you legends have an idea on weather for the mt buller area next fri-sat-sun (feb 19,20,21), ive got a 100km trundle going on, will help to have a sniff if i'm in for torrential rain, wild winds, heatwaves, snow or benign summer weather!

Ideally - down to 2 or 3 overnight, top temp 12, light winds, partly cloudy. Not asking much! :)

Thanks!

Date period for kicks in from tomorrow. Enjoy!
https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-table/2-6930744/Australia/Victoria/Mount Buller

mr

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 24, 2003
melbourne
how are the flies hongo - im up there for a long run tomorrow, cheers

Adaminaby Angler

One of Us
Ski Pass
So, with such severe cold snap snow events happening in different places around the world(especially Texas and Greece) does this have any bearing on or give us some insight in to how our winter may end up playing out this year?
Not in the slightest; different regions of the globe, always experience different weather and climatic trends from one another. Trends are localised—always have been, and always will be.

Even the climatic trends of, say, the NSW inland slopes and the NSW coastal plain, are strikingly different from one another (due to the GDR). For instance, westerly frontal systems…these bring cold and wet weather to the inland slopes; whereas to the coastal plain, they bring warm and dry weather. And vice-versa with ECL-type systems.

Reactions: MarkV and SMSkier

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
Jindy North Shore got about 10mm rain yesterday over 5 hours, was lovely, nice fresh happy country this morning.

Nice...7 mm here at Moonbah. It’s been cool and overcast / foggy all day. The resort has been bathed in sunshine! Currently 2 degrees colder here than Perisher Valley......

Autumn ground cooling thread ain’t far away :thumbs:

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
Nice and cold tonight with a slight chance of a flurry or so say BOM. I think this counts for our next cold front. Next one should be late March early April. Might be more than a flurry by then.

Hopefully no Indian Summer this year and we get straight on with annual showtime.

Interruptedbyfireworks

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2018
Queanbeyan, NSW
Hoping to go camping this weekend, so I've been checking the weather forecast using Windy. GFS says it'll be sunny and dry, whereas ECMWF has 22mm of rain in just a few hours. Any insight into which one might be more accurate around 5 days out? From reading the weather tutorial threads it seems the EC is usually more accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass