AlpineReplay App Updates

dlux

First Runs
Jun 12, 2011
Hi All,

At AlpineReplay we can't wait for another season in Aus and NZ with you all. We got invaluable feedback from these forums last season and will be releasing some cool new futures for you all to test and give feedback on over the next few months.

For those of you who didn't use us last season, we're a free iPhone + Android app that gives you more information about your day on the mountain. We measure speed, vert, calories, distance, airtime and jumps as well as auto detect lift names and trail names. You'll get stats right on your phone and you'll be able get more data on the web. This past season in North America we logged more than 130,000 ski days on 600 resorts worldwide.

Upgrades since last season:
* New Interface on the phone and web
* Auto detect trail names
* Jump and airtime detection
* Better battery life management
* A lot of new smaller features like full screen maps, lift mapping tools, competitions, and more.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them in the forums, hit up support.alpinereplay.com or email me directly at david@alpinereplay.com. Your feedback last season was invaluable, so please be honest and speak up!

David

Last edited by a moderator:

dlux

First Runs
Jun 12, 2011
AlpineReplay will work anywhere no matter if the resort is mapped or not. Mt Hotham is not mapped, but as soon as someone rides it, we have tools to map it based on your visit. So it just takes one person to ride some (or all) of the lifts.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Last year in the Southern season AR used a number of Australian skiers including myself to beta test the app so it could launch for the coming Northern season.

It's now fully functioning and ready to go for our Winter.

dlux

First Runs
Jun 12, 2011
Hi Andy,

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, that should be Northern Hemisphere. We had visits from both North America and Europe.

As Carve Man points out, last season in the Southern Hemisphere was only private beta, more or less (and most of the functionality wasn't working properly). That's all been cleaned up now.

David

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass