1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question ANA flight Perth to Tokyo to Sapporo

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Ofmontreal, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Ofmontreal

Ofmontreal Hard Yards

Hi all,

Has anyone flown out of Perth with ANA recently? I tried advising them over the phone that me and my friend have a moderate size snowboard bag each (as per website instruction) and it was very difficult to communicate and without the specific dimensions ( I was saying it was around 180 in all 3 dimensions) they told me to call back.

After that experience I don't really want to go through the hassle of calling back and explaining what I am trying to achieve. Can anyone confirm how ANA will handle bagage on departure? Is there any risk getting caught at the intermediate domestic flight and them not being able to take the luggage any further?

Thanks

2. blowfin

blowfin One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

You won't have any problems taking the snowboard bag out of Perth airport. I've done it plenty of times on different airlines with no issues. Check the baggage allowance for all your flights to make sure you're not packing too heavy leaving Perth or something. I can take 30kg total on my flight to Tokyo, but my domestic flights in Japan are 2 x 20kg, and 2 x 23kg. So my snowboard bag has to stay under 20kg total.

Hyst likes this.
  3. Hyst

Hyst Enjoyer Ski Pass: Gold

I would not understand 180 in all 3 dimensions either - cm og inches - a sqare box or a round ball - whatever that will be very special.

If you are flying ANA all the way it will be no problem, but they are entiteld to charge you (but may not do), if you have bought a low fair airline commestic in Japan you could have problems.