1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

And they respond..season passes..

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by Donza, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Donza

Donza Pool Room

MyThredbo 2012 platinum pass offer - ride the rest of this season, ride all next season and have access to Thredbo Leisure Centre and summer activities until Oct 2012 for $749 for adults & $449 for kids. Winter only pass $699 for adults and $399 for kids, gives you the rest of 2011 season and winter 2012. Available online Wednesday....

2. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

hotham and falls ... pull your finger out

3. damian

damian A Local

I love a good price war in hard times!

It is sad and amazing that the human species has not evolved out of being fooled by the 99 pricing strategy.

4. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

so true

apparently another reason that it was popular with some stores is that it forced staff to put things through the till to get change - discouraged pocketing cash

5. climberman

climberman CloudRide1000 Legend Ski Pass: Gold

Well, it's hardly a selection pressure.

#5 climberman, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  6. kiter

kiter One of Us

At last Perisher and Thredbo marketing has got something right and realised that they cannot continue with old world business practices .This is a very good outcome for customers and the whole of the nSW snow industry and all of the people and associated businesses .This is bad news for NZ . It is good for the resorts because they get next years potential customers and their money or monetary commitment now .Good for customers because finally there is a real incentive to ski at those resorts and commit to passing on $$ and visit regularly and probably bring friends and family ( rather than the marketing poo dressed up to look nice that has been on offer for countless years now) this is great news for all the other businesses associated .at the resorts ,jindabyne and beyond. Until now the NSW snow industry was heading down the toilet.

7. skiflat

skiflat Old n' Crusty

So this means I might have to buy this one as well.

Hmmmmm

8. LMB

LMB Old but definitely not Crusty! Ski Pass: Gold

It is really the cost of a week skiing if you do it by day passes (based on previous years passes) - so if you are up at Thredbo for more than a week or two in total, and Perisher for more than a week or two total, it will make sense to get one of each and have total freedom in where and when you ride!

9. Nidecker

Nidecker One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Really? So you don't think that the fact the economy is in the toilet has anything to do with this?

Prestige car dealers out of business, Sailmakers can't sell product to save themselves, I think that they are trying to induce some discretionary spending.

If they had had a good year, I doubt this sort of thing would be happening.

Would love to look at the shareholders reports for revenue at the ski resorts this year.

None the less, I might take them up on the offer while I still have a job [​IMG] means we wont spend a week at Charlotte Pass next year though.

#9 Nidecker, Sep 6, 2011
  10. SCHUSS SKI TEAM

SCHUSS SKI TEAM One of Us

Sounds similar to the deal in about 2000.

Was as a response to Perisher 3 year deal.

11. kiter

kiter One of Us

Yes I do and they are also operating in a global marketplace where ,there is still a dollar to be made in tough economic times .Booking a week or more in our mountains with the deals on offer thus far has been a very expensive and risky proposition, this certainly sweetens the deal with benefits as mentioned for many .
    I'm sure that other areas around Australia will jump on board including CP. [​IMG]

PS another example of where bums on seats as the imperative, is what Nathan Tinkler has done with the jets and the knight eg . I and many others bought a season pass where each game worked out to be about $12 .I went to 7 games and spent about $20 each time I was there (except at the bunnies game where you had to wait in line for an eternity for anything ) .I probably would not have gone to any games otherwise and $220 would still be in my pocket rather than Nathans . the average attendence went up considerably (I am not sure what the exact figures were but say an extra 2000 per game x 220 = $440000 that would not have been there otherwise )

#11 kiter, Sep 6, 2011
  12. Nidecker

Nidecker One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Not sure how much it would benefit CP, we avoid the place for weekends, cause its just too much hassle to get there vs driving right to the lodge at Thredbo.They would REALLY have to sweeten the deal vs this one offered by Thredbo

edit: Still love it for a week though, but this deal will cruel that! [​IMG]

#12 Nidecker, Sep 6, 2011
  13. telecrag

telecrag Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

This is tough. If I get the new pass, it ends my day count on the current one, and I am going for my record.

But how can I pass it up?

For every silver lining....

14. DaveT

DaveT Hard Yards

My wife and I bought the late season passes on Saturday the 27th for $775 each. As we were skiing for 8 days it worked out a good deal. When I saw this offer this morning I rang and asked if they could extend it to our passes - a bit cheeky I know.

Unfortunately they could not as we had already used them for 8 days.

Still, we'll definitely be buying 3 adult and 1 student pass under this deal for next year - more than happy to support the local ski industry.

15. Toddo

Toddo One of Us

spewing i bought the perisher one before i saw this one.

16. teckel

teckel Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Perisher's not spewing [​IMG] Smart move by Perisher. Buy the Thredbo one as well - then you can ski both resorts according to your mood.

#16 teckel, Sep 13, 2011