Android 10

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
My phone recently updated to android 10 and the only bug that has crept in is the operation of the little blue up/down arrow box that appears over the bottom right cnr. Both arrows now seem to function as a 'home' button, so rather than going to the top or bottom of the thread, it closes both thread and folder and returns to main page.

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
My phone recently updated to android 10 and the only bug that has crept in is the operation of the little blue up/down arrow box that appears over the bottom right cnr. Both arrows now seem to function as a 'home' button, so rather than going to the top or bottom of the thread, it closes both thread and folder and returns to main page.
The Blue menu bar doesn't scroll down for me now.

piolet

Better make it three
Ski Pass
May 27, 2004
in the cupboard covered in dust
These ones?

They aren't new, I've had them displayed for ages. Droid phone.
Screenshot_20191026-073915__01.jpg

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town

Without an Android 10 to test with, my guess is the update (which would have included Chrome update) included filters and/or blocking of javascript, possibly not wholesale blocking of javascript but certain classes. That autoscroll button effectively links to nothing without javascript (https://www.ski.com.au/xf/#XenForo) which is why it takes you to forum homepage.

My suggestion is to download Firefox for Android and test on that and report - this way at least we can narrow it down to being about the browsers and not the OS.

Reactions: piolet
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Also, please login to the XF 2.0 development version of this forum and see if the up/down scroll button also fails on that please.

The dev server requires login;

user: forum
pw: friend

https://dev.ski.com.au/xf/

There is no need to login to your account to test the scroll functionality - but you can if you want.

Note: the database of the dev server is several months old now.

Reactions: piolet

Charlie

Still the most depraved poster here
Jun 27, 2002
Gippsland
Without an Android 10 to test with, my guess is the update (which would have included Chrome update) included filters and/or blocking of javascript, possibly not wholesale blocking of javascript but certain classes. That autoscroll button effectively links to nothing without javascript (https://www.ski.com.au/xf/#XenForo) which is why it takes you to forum homepage.

My suggestion is to download Firefox for Android and test on that and report - this way at least we can narrow it down to being about the browsers and not the OS.
Slightly offtopic @Richard, wot's happened to the fast scrolling double headed arrows at the bottom right corner here? >>>>>>>

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
Also, please login to the XF 2.0 development version of this forum and see if the up/down scroll button also fails on that please.

The dev server requires login;

user: forum
pw: friend

https://dev.ski.com.au/xf/

There is no need to login to your account to test the scroll functionality - but you can if you want.

Note: the database of the dev server is several months old now.

That looks nice! Works perfectly with chrome too. I notice there are two scroll buttons beside each other rather than the one as shown in piolets post above.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Slightly offtopic @Richard, wot's happened to the fast scrolling double headed arrows at the bottom right corner here? >>>>>>>

Need more detail please,

Mobile or desktop (pretty sure they only appear on desktop)

Are you talking about here or on the development version ?

(Personally I think it is the single most useless default out-of-box feature of Xenforo - are you saying you actually use it????? )

Reactions: currawong

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
That looks nice! Works perfectly with chrome too. I notice there are two scroll buttons beside each other rather than the one as shown in piolets post above.

OK, well it must be deprecated javascript classes at the OS level and if it is working on XF 2.0 - then that's the solution.

In the meantime, it's broken for you until we migrate.

Reactions: GS

Charlie

Jun 27, 2002
Gippsland
Need more detail please,

Mobile or desktop (pretty sure they only appear on desktop)

Are you talking about here or on the development version ?

(Personally I think it is the single most useless default out-of-box feature of Xenforo - are you saying you actually use it????? )

Desktop, I find it handy to quickly zoom to the top or bottom of the page
But I could live without it if necessary!

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
Desktop, I find it handy to quickly zoom to the top or bottom of the page
But I could live without it if necessary!

So, it's not working for you?? Please clarify the issue.

And if it's not working, does the rapid scroll button work for you or not ? (the subject of this thread)

Charlie

Jun 27, 2002
Gippsland
Re the double headed arrow I mentioned, it has disappeared from my desktop
I have an iPhone, so the Andoid bit doesn't apply to me, but I did mention I was hijacking the thread!
:evil:

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town

Re the double headed arrow I mentioned, it has disappeared from my desktop
I have an iPhone, so the Andoid bit doesn't apply to me, but I did mention I was hijacking the thread!
:evil:

Not quite, you didn't say they had 'disappeared' you made the statement 'wot's happened' - this is why I need more detail.. 'not working' is different to 'disappeared' - 'wot's happened' doesn't tell me anything about your particular problem.

Reactions: cold wombat

GS

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 20, 2004
Yarra Valley Vic
OK, well it must be deprecated javascript classes at the OS level and if it is working on XF 2.0 - then that's the solution.

In the meantime, it's broken for you until we migrate.

This is like taking the wheel from my mouse, I'm not sure I'll survive without itLOL

Reactions: cold wombat
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass