another cheap way to Queenstown from SE Qld

Research101

Hard Yards
Jun 7, 2014
No your phone sales sounded a bit like a tele market call
and no security only a PO box in Darwin
So further research via your website and negative online comments at that time put me off

David Andrews

Hard Yards
Nov 18, 2014
Sydney
An interesting question.

So if I am reading this right, you advertise on a forum which you don't want business from, via a medium which you don't see as relevant for your business (the internet). Your business is selling very cheap fares to clients who are so wealthy that they don't need the discount?

Again, I am not attacking, I just find the whole thing intriguing.... I would imagine your wealthy clients would have PAs who would use the internet would they not?
we advertise on ski.com.au as it's reasonable cheap. We probably get a few dozen booking from it every year, which helps a little. Because we advertise on ski.com.au we can put that advert onto the noticeboard.

We advertise the cheapest airfares as generally any bookings we get from ski.com.au adverts are very price sensitive.

The lawyers/medicos - some still think like students(some were still students a few years ago), some have 5 or more kids, some have massive million dollar + mortgages. Some like the cheaper airfares, but then spend big on accom & stay 5 star.

Our best client, who skis 6 to 8 weeks every year, does fly business class (the cheapest cos he books his USA Dec-Jan trip every Feb), but stays 5 star & his company turns over more than AUD$1 billion a year(not a public company). How do we know ? It's in the news regularly.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

David Andrews

Hard Yards
Nov 18, 2014
Sydney
As always.....you are missing the point! Your presentation is crap, your representation is crap, your website is crap.......and you regard (sometimes sporting) feedback as crap.
If you have the perfect business and you're selling lots of tickets and you don't need clients here, WHY do you keep posting?
Thank you for considering to respond to my curiosity. :thumbs:
no not missing the point. You seem to think we should be like all other wholesalers.

Our presentation is excellent as is our representation. Our website-we've all been thru the oh, you must have a website. That's so last decade.

We would always like to sell more, as it helps when we ask for a bigger allocation of seats for the following Xmas school holidays (this is one of our points of difference - no one else in OZ seems to have allocations of airline seats - huge in Europe & North America)/

David Andrews

Hard Yards
Nov 18, 2014
Sydney
Bingo!

It is a competitive market. You need something to set yourself apart from the market. I (and it seems everyone else on here) is struggling to see what it is that sets your company apart.
yep, ALLOCATION OF AIRLINE SEATS.

That's a big point of difference. Don't think anyone else does this. Not sure why.

David Andrews

Hard Yards
Nov 18, 2014
Sydney
No your phone sales sounded a bit like a tele market call
and no security only a PO box in Darwin
So further research via your website and negative online comments at that time put me off
What phone sales ? We do everything via email.

We moved head office from airline office in Darwin to Brisbane. Most staff work from home.

What -ve online comments ? Don't think we've ever had any.

Normo

Mostly Harmless
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2011
Summer: Berowra Waters. Winter: Jindabyne
no not missing the point. You seem to think we should be like all other wholesalers.

Our presentation is excellent as is our representation. Our website-we've all been thru the oh, you must have a website. That's so last decade.

We would always like to sell more, as it helps when we ask for a bigger allocation of seats for the following Xmas school holidays (this is one of our points of difference - no one else in OZ seems to have allocations of airline seats - huge in Europe & North America)/

Seriously.....go into politics.......either side.......you'd be in good company! :)

craighelo

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 26, 2012
Tarras
Queenstown bookings obviously not reflected in rental accommodation bookings, news tonight 30 people living in one house (was 9 bedrooms) and people paying $240+ p/w for 1 room in share houses.

p.s how much is a commercial membership? would happily put in $10/year to buy out DA's membership

Marty McSly

Not a monster
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2011
Hunter Valley Whine Country, NSW
An interesting question.

So if I am reading this right, you advertise on a forum which you don't want business from, via a medium which you don't see as relevant for your business (the internet). Your business is selling very cheap fares to clients who are so wealthy that they don't need the discount

I think he's testing a concept for a new series of Black Adder.

David Andrews

Hard Yards
Nov 18, 2014
Sydney
I know another very large travel company that get allocation of seats. Don't ask me who...I am not pulling their name into this thread to be tarnished.
we've asked all other wholesalers & none of them seem to.

Anyway, let's get back on topic for those people who haven't booked Queenstown flights yet.

If you're very flexible datewise, so of the revived Gold Coast/Queenstown flights look very empty, esp. in early SEP.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

David Andrews

Hard Yards
Nov 18, 2014
Sydney
Queenstown bookings obviously not reflected in rental accommodation bookings, news tonight 30 people living in one house (was 9 bedrooms) and people paying $240+ p/w for 1 room in share houses.

p.s how much is a commercial membership? would happily put in $10/year to buy out DA's membership
u can't afford it

Incider

One of Us
May 20, 2011
What's the big deal with lawyers / medicos?

Most labourers on mine sites earn more...

travelislife

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 9, 2008
Melbourne
:headbang: Why did you pick this forum to be such a PIA on? There are 1000's of other forums out there, go find one! We are generally a friendly happy bunch but any there is a common trend here, any thread you enter with your spam ends up derailed or locked. I actually don't understand what you are trying to achieve. If you are trolling you are doing an almighty job keeping it up, so I will give you credit for that!

sara777

A Local
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney
we advertise on ski.com.au as it's reasonable cheap. We probably get a few dozen booking from it every year, which helps a little. Because we advertise on ski.com.au we can put that advert onto the noticeboard.

We advertise the cheapest airfares as generally any bookings we get from ski.com.au adverts are very price sensitive.

The lawyers/medicos - some still think like students(some were still students a few years ago), some have 5 or more kids, some have massive million dollar + mortgages. Some like the cheaper airfares, but then spend big on accom & stay 5 star.

Our best client, who skis 6 to 8 weeks every year, does fly business class (the cheapest cos he books his USA Dec-Jan trip every Feb), but stays 5 star & his company turns over more than AUD$1 billion a year(not a public company). How do we know ? It's in the news regularly.

Many professional, high flyers conferences, are arranged through professionals websites that handle all the organisationals issues. The conference itself is booked through them, so is the travel, insurance, accommodation etc. For instance, look up Taylored Images. I work with many health professionals that attend conferences combined with skiing all the time. Yet, I've never heard of anyone who would book through lone websites, such as yourself.

David Andrews

Hard Yards
Nov 18, 2014
Sydney
Many professional, high flyers conferences, are arranged through professionals websites that handle all the organisationals issues. The conference itself is booked through them, so is the travel, insurance, accommodation etc. For instance, look up Taylored Images. I work with many health professionals that attend conferences combined with skiing all the time. Yet, I've never heard of anyone who would book through lone websites, such as yourself.
many small conferences go on in every ski resort known to man.

We handled one for a group of dental surgeons. There were only 23 of them(+ families of course).

Another with a very vague topic was for company directors. Ended up being 120+ of them. They met all ATO requirements.

We handled travel arrangements for most, but not all of them.

Many professions have study groups & many of these study groups have 2 or 3 conferences a year. Some are a weekend on Gold Coast, some a week in NZ, some 2 weeks in Colorado.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using