another webcam

Any

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 23, 2015
oz/japan/usa
may want to add asgaards webcam to the snowcams list.

i helped get it up and running. required a bit of effort punching through starlink's double nat firewall (they have starlink also)
and im sure they wont mind linking to it because of its watermark.

its on the roof of their building, has some crazy great zoom, can be panned almost anywhere and has infrared modes. tho, as its night time, i have no idea where it is pointed right now, it looks like its pointing to the lookers left side off of big d.
downside is that it can often be over exposed in the elements, and all you see is just white ;P

(https://bifrost.asgaard.com.au/streaming.m3u8)

Any

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 23, 2015
oz/japan/usa
Will PM when the time comes!
we used a raspberri pi, and a $5/month vps server in Sydney.
You sure it's a mountain, not a hill?
its big D - it's mt hotham's only true beginner runs.
completely separate from rest of the resort to keep yahoos out of the way.

ill have you know that Mount Higginbotham towers 57 meters above the hotham base area. skiing Big D boasts 68m vertical, hiking it within 1 day is quite a feat!
(also fyi, hotham resort is at the top of the hill. you ski down first, then take a lift up)

MAC

Hard Yards
Jul 4, 2012
may want to add asgaards webcam to the snowcams list.

i helped get it up and running. required a bit of effort punching through starlink's double nat firewall (they have starlink also)
and im sure they wont mind linking to it because of its watermark.

its on the roof of their building, has some crazy great zoom, can be panned almost anywhere and has infrared modes. tho, as its night time, i have no idea where it is pointed right now, it looks like its pointing to the lookers left side off of big d.
downside is that it can often be over exposed in the elements, and all you see is just white ;P

(https://bifrost.asgaard.com.au/streaming.m3u8)
Hi can I ask what camera did you install? We are looking to upgrade our lodge camera as well .
Thanks

Last edited:

Any

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 23, 2015
oz/japan/usa
Hi can I ask what camera did you install? We are looking to upgrade our lodge camera as well .
Thanks
ill try to find out when the model when i get a chance.
its quality is quite high (a turned down version for live stream), the pan is fun, but the zoom is insane.

Reactions: MAC and skifree

MAC

Hard Yards
Jul 4, 2012
ill try to find out when the model when i get a chance.
its quality is quite high (a turned down version for live stream), the pan is fun, but the zoom is insane.
Thank you.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass