Question Any gyms and swimming pools in Perisher Valley? Any ice skating rinks in Jindy?

Alanwonsky

Hard Yards
Jul 2, 2019
Apart from skiing, any good gyms and swimming pools in/near Perisher Valley. And closest ice skating rinks in Perisher/Jindy

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
I wonder if anyone has ever done the numbers on an ice rink in Jindy? Surely it would have to be possible?

Reactions: crackson

Sir Surfalot

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2000
Somewhere surfy or snowy
Oh. Didn't know that. How did it go?
I don’t know how it went for visits/interests but I do remember that the one winter it operated was an abnormally warm one. A really nice family from Cooma had the lease on the cafe at the bottom of Blue Calf at Guthega (what is now the Burning Log) and they had the best food ever (and proper crockery plates and nice cutlery) there that year BUT Karl could barely keep snow on that area the whole season so they really suffered too with how much of the season they could open and the number of people skiing there even when it was skiable.

Reactions: cold wombat

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
Oh. Didn't know that. How did it go?
IIRC It was a joint set up with the pool so they could use heat transfer from one to the other, didn't work out all that well. Pool survived, ice rink did not. It used to be on the ground where the building that houses the Nimmitabel bakery is now.

@Alanwonsky there are a couple of lodges at Perisher with pools of various types. I don't think they would be open to the public though.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
IIRC It was a joint set up with the pool so they could use heat transfer from one to the other, didn't work out all that well. Pool survived, ice rink did not. It used to be on the ground where the building that houses the Nimmitabel bakery is now.

@Alanwonsky there are a couple of lodges at Perisher with pools of various types. I don't think they would be open to the public though.
Indeed it was.
Over the carpark.
I poked my head in there a couple of times. Was tiny, pokey and cold.
Not inviting at all.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
If you are accessing Perisher via the skitube, the pool at Thredbo Leisure Centre is just 16 minutes from Bullocks Flat and it's - how can I put it? - Premium! Full Olympic heated pool, not to mention the waterslide. My favourite way to finish a day skiing is with a few laps before dinner.
I am a lap swimmer for life and I have swum laps at the Thredbo pool. It is indoors which is not my favourite way to swim anywhere but it is an Olympic sized indoor heated swimming facility .

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Really? There you go, learn something nu every day.

Is it used for ice hockey?
yep
Yep canberra brave play in the AHL

there is also a small local league and broom ball as well.
We come down and did some short track meets there in the 90s too - the mexicans would also come up. It was at the Canberra rink where I finally cracked 50 secs for the 500

I also played Ice Hockey in the 90s, the comp has really grown since then I played in the super league for Canterbury. When I joined the Army I wasn't allowed to play and then eventually the ADF got involved too but I never got back into it I had gone to rugby by then. I thought about getting back into since moving back to canberra but that will interfere with skiing.

Also I am old - and don't go well with contact sports anymore

Last edited:
Reactions: skifree

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Apart from skiing, any good gyms and swimming pools in/near Perisher Valley. And closest ice skating rinks in Perisher/Jindy
gym in the leisure centre in thredbo.

3 gyms in Jindy. manuela in high country fitness.

centered health at rydges.

Precision training.

A pool in thredbo

2 8 pools in Jindy.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass