1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Any recommended ski tuning in Vancouver?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Shoey, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Shoey

Shoey Hard Yards

After 7 days in Shiga Kogen I've now shifted continents and in Vancouver! (for work).

My skis haven't had a wax since SK and I really haven't had a chance to give them any tlc due to the tight schedules, and because I am working in the city Monday to Friday, I am looking for something convenient in town rather than an on mountain shop.

There are heaps on google, but just wondering if there are any recommended shops (I'm based near Burrard) before I pick a random nearest one. There is a service that is promising pickup/delivery for $40CAD but their full tune seems to be just an edge & wax (http://vancouverskituning.com/) as a full tune with base grind/p-tex is more around the $70 mark.

And by the same token, is there any good sports outlet warehouses that anybody can recommend? Looking to update some of my 10yr+ helmet and boots..

2. oreo

oreo One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Do you really need a tune or even a wax after 7 days...?

mountain equipment co-op (mec) and sports junkie just up the road from there for a clearance outlet.

Shoey likes this.
  3. Shoey

Shoey Hard Yards

The last service was the prior NZ season, I took it to SK with no prep, so edges a bit dull and coarse at certain spots. Also scraped through some exposed rocks at the lower runs due to poor cover :( but maybe could just stick with a minor edge & wax.

Thx I just found out sports junkie as well, definitely will check them out!

4. Chalkie

Chalkie One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

I use West Coast Sports, 1675 W 4th Ave, Vancouver, BC V6J 1L8 (not far from the intersection of Burrard and W 4th Ave). I've found them to be fine.

Shoey likes this.