1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone heard of a Demo Ski Thing in perisher this weekend?

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by gusso, Jul 17, 2015.

1. gusso

gusso Hard Yards

I heard that there was some sort of demo / Free demo for Freedom pass holders at perisher, this weekend anyone got info? Also anyone know when some more lifts like pleasant valley chair will be open? is there enough snow?I was down 2 weeks ago for a week but came home early due to long waiting times and nothing open.

2. Ted Harper

Ted Harper One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Yes, ski and snowboard demos this weekend (18-19/7). Free for Freedom Pass holders but you need to pre-register. If you have a Freedom Pass but didn't get the email maybe call Guest Services and see if you can register.

I skied a week in the school holidays too; sure it was pretty busy but the Dashboard tells me I had 152 lift rides and skied nearly 21,000 VMs (not counting the centre valley lifts that don't have scanners yet this year) with wife and kids without really trying. Admittedly less vertical than I normally do in two days when everything is open, but most of the rides and runs were good, everyone had fun, I chatted to some nice randoms on the lifts and had some good meals.

FWIW I worked out a long time ago that I have literally never sat at home in the summer and told myself I skied too many days the previous winter, but plenty of times I have kicked myself that I could have had one more day here or there or a few more runs one afternoon, etc. So I skied every day ;)

The interconnects between the resorts and some of the areas that aren't open yet need (1) holes and bushes to be filled in then packed down and (2) significant work from the groomers - once it is safe for them to drive over the areas - to move and pack the snow. There is a lot more snow now than when you were last there, and pretty-much everything should open soon-ish, but it's not immediate when snow falls, no matter how much we all would like it to be!

azzski and robbo mcs like this.
  3. Mr. Mook

Mr. Mook One of Us