Anyone popped up to Selwyn over the summer?

kiter

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 21, 2002
Newcastle
The lifts have been installed and runs cut in the eastern part of the lease area .A new state of the art snowmaking system has been installed that can make snow up to 5 degrees c that will ensure that the whole of selwyn including the new area will be operational from opening weekend to mid septemeber .A fast train has been installed from Canberra to Selwyn direct through the brindabellas with 35 min travel time .All this and the price of a tif ticket only goes up by $5 per day this year /..
You can see the new runs and the heavy equipment (dozers etc )on google earth which has just been updated for the area
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Mt%20se...=N&hl=en&tab=wl
I also noticed that the water has been painted into Lake Eucumbene on google earth

Sorry that was a dream I had last night ,very realistic just had to share it . i wish i knew how to do all that stuff to googel maps that makes it all seem so realistic

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogong

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 16, 2005
More woke than thou.
www.australianmountains.com
Any updates on plans to extend the triple chair up the other side of the hill?
confused.gif

Bogong said:
Any updates on plans to extend the triple chair up the other side of the hill?
confused.gif

Good question, I'm guessing it didn't get done over summer but from what I remember they still wanna extend it, perhaps 2010/2011 summer.

I'll ask someone up there about anything new for 2010 and about the Triple chair extension.

Megs

Hard Yards
Mar 22, 2006
Windsor NSW
Kiter... you had me going for about 3 seconds :O) They were on a bit of a roll summr before last... by roll I mean starting to take their 1st steps into improving some things... I had guessed that it had all been pretty quiet... this time last year there was a bit of chatter about improvments.... one can only hope!

That would be great Blinkin... I miss being up there in the snow :O)

Kiz07

First Runs
Aug 17, 2009
Talbingo, NSW
We were up there last weekend, went for a drive to Cabramurra from Talbingo, and home again. All looked to be the norm at Selwyn, but I don't really mind because for the price of the lift tickets you can't really complain
smile.gif
The staff up there always seem to do a fantastic job and hopefully the coming days of snow is a great indicator for this season. BRING IT ON!!!

loweee

One of Us
Apr 21, 2002
Jindabyne
Didn't make it up to Selwyn yesterday but did go to Adaminaby and have a nice chicken schnitzel burger in the Snow Goose Hotel in front of the open fire. It was $8 with chips.

The pub is apparently under new management and the locals are very happy.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

RAYNER

First Runs
Jul 14, 2008
Moruya
ahaha blinkin that may be because in previous years selwyn staff trashed the pub accomodation.
but i support blinking 100% in his statement that it is now our no# 1 hang out.

ronnie and jan are wonderful people who put up with all our drunken shenannigans and sometimes even get invovled.
cant wait to get back to the goose and tuck into a big old schnitzel chips and salad

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
kiter said:
The lifts have been installed and runs cut in the eastern part of the lease area .A new state of the art snowmaking system has been installed that can make snow up to 5 degrees c that will ensure that the whole of selwyn including the new area will be operational from opening weekend to mid septemeber .A fast train has been installed from Canberra to Selwyn direct through the brindabellas with 35 min travel time .All this and the price of a tif ticket only goes up by $5 per day this year /..
You can see the new runs and the heavy equipment (dozers etc )on google earth which has just been updated for the area
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Mt%20se...=N&hl=en&tab=wl
I also noticed that the water has been painted into Lake Eucumbene on google earth

Sorry that was a dream I had last night ,very realistic just had to share it . i wish i knew how to do all that stuff to googel maps that makes it all seem so realistic

No dream. I've received this anonymous graphic in my emails. Last week.

From an internet cafe next to the Snow Goose in Adaminaby.

newselwyn.jpg

selw.jpg

Ian D

Pool Room
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
ski.com.au
There have been plans floating around for that for quite a while, so it may happen one day, who knows.

Nice artwork VSG

Ian D

Pool Room
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
ski.com.au
Majikthise - it would ease it right off. You could access that either from the bottom of Race Course so no need to queue there or from the top of Township.

Blinkin, interesting. The plans are actually quite impressive in terms of what it offers for Selwyn. It would open up a lot of new intermediate terrain of some good quality and give them both a higher peak lifted point and another cold gully to make snow in. In terms of enhancing the resort to a wider range of skiers and boarders it would go a very long way and overall it could only be good for the industry and sport as a whole IMO as Selwyn would then offer a genuine cheaper alternative for a much broader range of snow users than it currently does. In terms of vertical that area is almost twice race course.

Kiz07

First Runs
Aug 17, 2009
Talbingo, NSW
That looks unreal... just keep your ears to the ground
smile.gif

Agreeance with line at the bottom of the Racecourse if something like this was to become reality... would need at least a triple chair!! Go team! YOU CAN DO IT!

Tomess

First Runs
Jun 24, 2008
As i have never been to Selwyn, but am going this winter, is it possible to trek out to this area? Or is it a bit far away from the main trails?

doublet

First Runs
Apr 29, 2007
Uralla
Hello all, haven't been here for a while...

hoping to make a year of it this year if the body lets me... went past on the weekend, didn't actually pop in - did the loop from home (Tumbarumba) -> Tumut over the Brindabellas (a fun goat track) to Canberra then home via Cooma and back through Selwyn.... playing with my new toy navigator and plugging in the important places in between :) Surprised at how really close to Selwyn we really are (about 16km as the crow flies to Cabramurra I think!)

missed last year due to illness, hoping to catch the new old lift this year - the kids said they had a blast last year. Got to get more in shape first.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass