1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Anyone used NNN-BC with Quiver Killers

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by axellotta, Jun 16, 2020.

1. axellotta

axellotta Hard Yards

Hi everyone, anyone out there fitted NNN-BC bindings using Quiver Killers or the like?

I am wanting to use both NNN-BC and 75mm plastics on the same skis (for spring day touring and for chasing turns in winter) but am concerned that the solid shaft on the self tapping mounting hardware supplied with the Rottefella bindings is 6mm diameter, whereas the Quiver Killer uses M5. Thus there would be potential for a small amount of twist of the binding on the ski (unless I use a sleeve in the binding's holes).

Super interested in hearing others experiences if anyone else has gone this route.

Cheers!

2. maelgwn

maelgwn Hard Yards

Have you tried emailing Quiver Killer? (Assuming you are using genuine ones?)

They sell a fastener kit for the BC Manual, so presumably have an answer to this. (https://quiverkiller.com/products/fastener-kits-by-binding)

Personally I think a sleeve or a funky shaped bolt would be best.

3. DidSurfNowSki

DidSurfNowSki One of them Ski Pass: Gold

Calling @skifree

I used QK inserts for AT bindings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chaeron likes this.
  4. skifree

skifree A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Pretty typical, does not appear to be an issue with various telethings I have mounted which echo this. Just do your threads up tight and use loktite.

I've not done a quiver killer job for NNN-BC. It should work.

5. axellotta

axellotta Hard Yards

Most Tele bindings use countersunk headed bolts which would centre nicely preventing lateral movement but you have to use pan headed bolts on the Rottefellas or I’m sure they will deform the softer plastic. As per Maelgwn’s advice I have contacted Quiver Killer directly to see if they will ship one of their dedicated fastener kits, as Doug at EMC doesn’t have stock of these. Failing that, I’ll go with some brass shim in the binding holes to reduce the diameter to 5mm.

6. skifree

skifree A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

I’ll look into the matter some more, will take a couple of days.