1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Anyone want to come into the Backcountry in Whistler

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by Harry James, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Harry James

Harry James Hard Yards Ski Pass: Gold

Hey Crew. I'm in Whistler from the 3rd to the 10th and looking for a buddy or crew to hit the BC, side or even main resort. BC prefered. I can either split or bootpack. I won't slow you down. Here with my wife who prefers to apré. Looking to hit the slopes with some advanced intermediates to expert. I'm an Aussie like everyone else here (snowboarder:15 years slopes/36yo)

2. mr

mr Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Watch that 225cm 7-day forecast!

3. skifree

skifree A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Kletterer likes this.
  4. Whatever really

Whatever really Addicted

I’m in whistler right now and have avy training and gear and the next few days are really scary. Had fun earlier in the week though
    Check the reports it’s on Extreme.
    https://www.avalanche.ca/forecasts/sea-to-sky
    If you want some powder in the resort check some of the areas around Blackcomb glacier and flute bowls.
    These are more than likely going to be closed till they can blast them though.
    Also try the trees as visibility is better that’s my plan for tomorrow and I’ll probably still take an avy kit and whistle.

5. Whatever really

Whatever really Addicted

Just waking up in the village now and the handrails around the pool area have about 60cm of snow buildup, I’m guessing that could be a lot higher up the mountain, add wind drift loads and it could be a couple of meters in big drift areas so I’m guessing patrol will be working hard just to get the resort open.
    Also an announcement on the local news outlets for all people to stay out of the BC.

Chaeron and skifree like this.