1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

ASB Alpine The Unofficial Falls Creek Site

Discussion in 'Noticeboard' started by ausi ski bum, Jun 25, 2007.

1. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

For over 12 years ASB Alpine (formally ausi-ski-bum.com) has brought you information and advice on Falls Creek. The regular reports and photo's cover places the web cams dont.

ASB Alpine is largely a hobby site however the owner developer did purchase some apartments in Falls Creek and they are featured on the site. Thats about as commercial as it gets.

http://asb-alpine.com

#1 ausi ski bum, Jun 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  2. Slushii

Slushii Mostly missing in action... Moderator

Good on you, ASB. Your site is a great source of information on Falls. I regularly direct my friends and other people who ask me about Falls to your site.

I only wish there were more individuals who are passionate enough about their favourite mountain/resort to set up hobby sites similar to yours, to give some independent perspective/advice etc.

3. gsuttor

gsuttor Hard Yards

I really liked the 'Kids in the snow' section. Even printed out the list of things to take for the nipper.

4. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

The kids section was important to me, when I first took the kids they were 3 & 6 and I really did not know what to do coming from Perth so I wanted to ensure others were able to get some info I found hard to find.

Glad it was of use.

5. spargo

spargo First Runs

Hi ASB. I'm heading back there in August and given that I've done a few european trips since I was last there, it speaks volumes about what we think of Falls to be going back there to stay in-village.

I'm a keen photographer when I'm not doing my day job so if I get any decent snaps while there I'll send em on for you to use for the site. Only too happy to contribute.

6. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

Thanks Spargo my shots I use are happy snappies at best, I just use a digital and often they are taken on the move while I ski but they serve the purpose.

7. 10legs

10legs One of Us

looking great ASB