1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

AT Bindings

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by skifree, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Angus_McCrory

Angus_McCrory Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

They work well

piolet and Astro66 like this.
  2. piolet

piolet Better make it three Ski Pass: Gold

Price aint too bad either; they were 250+ years back in oz when I was gearing up iirc

3. DPS Driver

DPS Driver A Local

A bit late on this but in future I would steer away from Araldite. It dries quite brittle and gets more so in the cold. A better option is a one part marine epoxy or easier to source, Gorilla Glue one part epoxy. It's best if your adhesion stays flexible.

Re beacon, I can't go past BCA Tracker. Good price, super reliable & if not overly experienced with beacons they're simple to use and quite intuitive. I've used the DTS & The Tracker 2. Haven't held the new Tracker3 but would imagine it's in a similar class as the Tracker2. BTW I still use my old F1 at times, good old reliable but analogue is not cool anymore. It kills any digital for range that's for sure.

4. will_dawson

will_dawson Hard Yards

the CAST system doesnt use a tech toe for descents. The entire purpose of the CAST system is that the tech toe piece comes off and swaps with your regular alpine binding toe piece before you start skiing back downhill...
    tech toe on way up
    swap
    regular toe on way down.