1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question AU Accommodation with infants

Discussion in 'Thredbo' started by domski, Jul 7, 2015.

1. domski

domski Hard Yards

Hello,

Been a long time since I have skied in Aus. Looking to book a couple of nights with my wife and 2.5 year old daughter. Our daughter is in the sleeping in our bed stage. All the accommodation we have looked at online seems to want to charge us for an extra bed for our daughter. Has anyone had a similar experience? Do you think we can just book a room with a double bed and have our daughter sleep with us or should we really be booking and paying the much higher room rate for our daughter to have her own bed even though she wont even sleep in the bed?

Thanks,
    Domski

2. raspberry

raspberry First Runs

Feathertop Alpine Lodge in Falls Creek - kids under 6 stay free.

My daughter is older than yours but still prefers sleeping in our bed when travelling so I always try negotiating this with accommodation.

3. sixty_eight

sixty_eight One of Us

It also depends on whether food is involved.

It is swings and roundabouts. My 15 year old pays child rates, but takes up one bed just like me, and easily eats as much (ie more) as me.

4. Snow Blowey

Snow Blowey Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Pick up the phone and speak to someone. Its amazing what happens when you step outside the click boxes on the internet accommodation sites.