Australia First and Fifth in 2012 INAS World Championship Slalom

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
I've been covering this in an ongoing thread in 'Competition Racing & Events' Sub Forum but thought this great news deserved a wider audience.

Australian Skiers Nicole Harris and Olivia Sayers have placed First and Fifth respectively in the Slalom at the 6th INAS World Championships for the Intellectually Disabled held at the Palandoken Resort in Erzurum, Turkey.

After a day’s delay due to poor weather we headed out into fresh snow and more clear skies and the racing conditions were fair for all competitors.

Nicole is a multiple World Champion in events previously held in France and Italy, but until today had not completed a World Champ Slalom race so her result was both a thrill and a relief for herself and her coach & mother Sharyn. Nicole said after the completion of her two runs “I was really happy with my result!â€. Nicole took the lead after the first run and maintained it through her second run to be ranked first overall and World Champion for 2012.

This is Olivia’s first appearance on the skiing world stage being a multiple World Champion and World Record holder in Swimming. She skied with skill and composure to improve her Sixth place after the first run to finish Fifth overall. Olivia said after the race “I had fun and enjoyed myself!â€

More info & pics on: http://aussieskier.com/index.php/2012/03...ionship-slalom/

Last edited by a moderator:

benchives

I forgot how to ski
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2006
sydney
Yay! I've skied with Nicole, she is an extremely gifted skier and I could never catch up with her!

Great result anpd well done CM too, these guys need all the support they can get.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
It's probably worth noting that Nicole's time would have placed her in second in the Male event
biggrin.gif

benchives

I forgot how to ski
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2006
sydney
CarveMan said:
It's probably worth noting that Nicole's time would have placed her in second in the Male event
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
that's fantastic!

VSG

Crayon Master
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Port Macquarie NSW
www.tumblr.com
Great stuff. Congratulations to both of them.

And CM, you've done well in getting Olivia to that point. Commendable.
smile.gif

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass