1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW WEATHERZONE FOLK

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Use the Force filters, Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

TUTORIAL: How to post in Gear Swap so it sells

Chains Autosock/Snowsock

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by Legs Akimbo, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Legs Akimbo

Legs Akimbo Grumblebum Ski Pass: Gold

Autosocks are a fabric wrap around for tyres that enhance traction on snow and ice. They work - I have used equivalents in France. Grippy and a lot smoother than chains. https://autosock.com/

I have an unused set of size #685 to fit tyre sizes in the table below (not all sizes - check the column to the right). I had them for a 2008 Forester.

These are NOT chains and WILL NOT COMPLY WITH VIC OR NSW CHAIN REGULATIONS. However, if you have a 4WD, particularly in NSW, they will give you a lot of comfort on those dodgy days.

New price is $150. Yours, unused in original packaging, for a bargain basement $80 + postage.

2. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

Interesting
    Might be worth while for the new Kia with AWD but I am having trouble reading the photo

3. Legs Akimbo

Legs Akimbo Grumblebum Ski Pass: Gold

Try clicking on it. Or, if you are on a phone, let me know the tyre size and I will check.

4. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

I don't think it will fit 235*65*R17s
    Clicking worked the second time around.