1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

B-Tag Query

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by JimmyC, Jul 14, 2019.

1. JimmyC

JimmyC Hard Yards Ski Pass: Silver

Hey guys,
    First trip to Buller coming up and I'm trying to get my head around how to use the B-Tag and online booking of lift tickets, parking, taxis, etc.
    I'd call Buller but am O/S.
    For a family, where I'm purchasing multiple tags and tickets, how do they know what tag to put the credits onto?
    Do I just buy the lot and assume it all works itself out, or should I create three profiles (including one for my four year old) in order to make it clearer?
    Cheers!

2. CarveMan

CarveMan Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Pretty sure each skier needs their own profile as you will need to sign individual waivers etc.

3. JuLe

JuLe Early Days

Hi JimmyC,

Create a profile for each person, then as you go through the checkout process it will ask you (towards the end) who you would like to assign the products to. From memory, I think it asks you for each person’s name even if you don’t create a profile, to allow you to assign the products (and subsequently makes a profile for them anyway; it’s been a few years since I did it though so might not be 100% accurate). Nevertheless, you will be presented with the opportunity to assign products to each person.

Hope you all enjoy your time at Buller!

4. JimmyC

Thanks guys.
    Maybe I’ve just had bad luck with my timing, as I suspect my problem might be IT related. I can’t add dependents (an error message pops up) so I bought my tickets under my own profile and then logged out with a view to creating two new profiles. Now I can’t even manage that and nor can I log back in to my own profile.
    Oh well, I’m sure my wife won’t mind if I’m the only one skiing.
    Seriously though, it’s a dog’s breakfast, and I hope I don’t end up paying a premium for these “dynamically” priced tickets simply owing to a glitch at their end.
    At least it’s snowing now.
    Cheers.

5. JuLe

JuLe Early Days

Sounds frustrating! Always happens at the most inconvenient time. I’m sure they’ll be able to work something out for you, even if it’s at the time you’re picking them up and they’re programming the tags.
    Otherwise you’ll just have to ski three times as much :D

6. JimmyC

G'day guys.
    Wanted to close this out by saying the Buller Holidays team has been very helpful today. As suspected, there in an IT issue impacting them that precludes customers from doing precisely what I was hoping to achieve, but a quick phone call and everything's sorted. Very friendly and very helpful.

LiveToSki and JuLe like this.
  7. JuLe

JuLe Early Days

Glad to hear. Hope you enjoy your trip!

8. torz

torz Hard Yards

Glad you figured it out.
    I would like to put my outrage at the $50 admin fee to simply change the date of a pre-purchased day ticket.
    Anyone now much about?