1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Backcountry Skiing/Access Tomamu

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Stodiolet, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Stodiolet

Stodiolet First Runs

Hi!
    Does anybody have experience with backcountry skiing access/ routes in Tomamu. I see from the website that there is an offpiste area (for which one needs to register seperately), but is there is also any proper backcountry access - also any idea where to get route descriptions etc?
    Thanks,

2. sourmash

sourmash One of Us

If you head across to the boundary on lookers left of the resort, you can hike up the ridge that you can see and ride down to a road that comes around to the resort - probably about 500-800mm walk/skin back.

3. Ramenman

Ramenman One of Us

Red lines = where we skied. Yellow = I think it's one of the most common backcountry areas of Tomamu in that we saw some other backcounty skiers there. I have skied at Tomamu only twice, so I don't know much about Tomamu, though. By the way, Tomamu have backcountry CAT tours as well.

4. essjaywhy

essjaywhy One of Us