1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Baggage allow Thai airways

Discussion in 'Flights' started by Skip17, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Skip17

Skip17 Hard Yards

Hi Snowlovers
    I have a flight booked economy on Thai airways mid January 2020 from Brisbane to Switzerland and are having trouble getting information regarding a snowboard bag as checked in luggage (oversized) has anyone had experience with thai airways?

2. person s

person s Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

this might help, or not
    maybe they don’t carry snowsport gear very often?
    I’ve carried-on ski boots, no problem

3. jgm

jgm Addicted

I've travelled many times with TG and never had a problem with skis. As long as you are under the weight limit you should be OK. I travel with a Sportube with 2 pairs of skis, so the length has always been well over the 60 inches. They specifically mention skis in their special luggage section, but it is quite ambiguous by what they mean "the allowance". If you don't want to take a risk, email them and ask if your bag (give them size & weight) will be part of your free allowance. Then if they say there is an additional cahrge when you get to the airport keep your fingers crossed, and hope the check-in agent doesn't know about the charge. But always be prepared to pay, and have the email response with you in case they want to overcharge.

Skip17 likes this.
  4. travelislife

travelislife One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

As long as it’s within your overall weight allowance there is no issues. Have flown Thai to Japan and the States with 32kg douchebag each time.

Skip17 likes this.
  5. Skip17

Skip17 Hard Yards

6. Skip17

Skip17 Hard Yards

Thanks Jim
    I have received a email which states I am fine to check in with my snowboard bag,thanks for the reply

Jacko4650 likes this.
  7. Skip17

Skip17 Hard Yards

Thanks great to hear.