1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Baw Baw Pics from Satuday

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by sidetrack, Aug 15, 2005.

1. sidetrack

sidetrack One of Us

Well due to a last minute hickup my Feathertop weekend didnt happen(not happy). So I had to be content with a day tour out the back of Baw Baw. The snow was actually ok even though the temp got above 0 by about 9.30am. We had an awsome run off the lookout from the top of Baw Baw and made our way accross to St Philack and then returned off track having some good fun along the way.

The snow coverage was pretty good but more will be need to keep it open out there.

Here are a couple of pics I took along the way. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PK Sawd

PK Sawd Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Love that area. There is something very special about it.

3. sidetrack

sidetrack One of Us

yeah its good fun skiing from plain to plain.

Whats with the $30 to get in the gate. Thats just ridiculous. I will always go to StGwiner now.

4. Alex.C

Alex.C One of Us

Always such a nice area up there any time of year. But yeah go in via St Gwinear...

5. snowshoe_fiend

snowshoe_fiend Hard Yards

I can (just) tolerate the $30 for entry on the first day, but the $30 for the second day as well really annoyed me. Last season it was $12-$15 for subsequent days, if I recall correctly. If you're just using the resort for access to the BC for snow camping it isn't justifiable. From now on I'll be coming in via St Gwinear.

6. mr

mr Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

I stayed overnight sun night in lodge with kid. $60 is pretty steep, even if not in a tent.

Got some nice freshies in on the lifts mon morning. Apparently the lift queues were 1/2 + hour long on sunday (first decent weekend day for 2005). Lots of talk of poor service by the govt. run lift co.

On monday the maltese X tbar was out which meant limited decent skiing but some real nice freshies for those like me who could traverse in and out from the hut tbar.

Is a very beautiful place tho.