Baw Baw's Snow Report

Kahanamoku

One of Us
Sep 9, 2003
Traralgon
Visit site
Just thought I'd fill those in hoping to see updates on the Ski.com.au baw baw snow report, that there are inconsistencies between it and the one on the baw baw website.

gets quite frustrating when like today, they say 0cm snow in past 24 hours on ski.com, but here http://www.mountbawbaw.com.au/snowreport.aspx they say 3cm.

just thought I'd let people know who might not realise that ski.com.au is less important to Baw Baw Mgmt than their own website.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kahanamoku

One of Us
Sep 9, 2003
Traralgon
Visit site
Issue Date 09/07/2008
Average Snow Depth l3cm
Wind nil
Snowmaking standby
Snowmaking Areas - Avg Snow depth 3cm
Fresh Snow in last 24 hours 3cm

sure you haven't pressed refresh yet?

Also, one assumes the new snow from Monday night would've been greater than last night/yesterday

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
Yep. Had people in today, who were planning on going to BB, but looked it up and it said 3cm, so they decided on Lake Mountain instead. They loved LM and loved the drive there - so easy, and even closer to Melbourne than BB.

BB had better get its act together or they'll lose more customers.

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Maybe Lake Mountain should reconsider their ban on snowboards..
And even put in a little rope tow to service a little park, if there is a reasonable slope somewhere around there.
What is the difference in travel time from CBD for BB and LM?

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
One advantage of a stint at riding a couch is the overview of much internet futility.
Lots of informed people like http://www.weatherzone.com.au .
BB snowstuff there does not work, of course, but even LM is 3 months out of date.
If Hotham and Falls are uptodate, fingersout mates!

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Cabin fever...
Anyway, just relaying some news from BB site (Adobe flash player needed):
Expect 2 lifts tomorrow (Friday). NB work starts at 9 at nonPacker mountains, so don't hurry.

and

"
Mt Baw Baw visits Cargo Lounge
July 07 2008

Mt Baw Baw staff will be hanging out at Cargo Lounge in Traralgon these coming Friday and Saturday nights (11th and 12th of July) . Cargo Lounge are throwing a huge snow party and there are plenty of prizes and festivities. Mt Baw Baw staff will be handing out $5 discount vouchers on lift tickets. Why not come down and say hello to our friendly staff and have a great night out?
Cargo Lounge is located at 136 Franklin Street, Traralgon."

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
But they are not there just for giggles-
26 July Rail Jam with THOUSAND dollar first prize.
(see http://www.cactusblack.com.au )
How will i spend it?
anyway im outa here, 1 leg is enuf..

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Kahanamoku

One of Us
Sep 9, 2003
Traralgon
Visit site
bawbawbel said:
Mt Baw Baw visits Cargo Lounge
July 07 2008

Mt Baw Baw staff will be hanging out at Cargo Lounge in Traralgon these coming Friday and Saturday nights (11th and 12th of July) . Cargo Lounge are throwing a huge snow party and there are plenty of prizes and festivities.

They're also giving a GNU snowboard away each night for 4 nights... I think tonight is the first night. Just buy a Jager, Redbull or Heinekin to enter

sanchezz

First Runs
Jul 13, 2007
Rail Jam will be great need more snow lets hope the reports are correct in the morning
bawbawbel wrong web site its http://www.cactusblack.com
After party sounds good fire works at 7.30 I love crackers

bawbawbel

Easi Ski.....
Ski Pass
Jun 22, 2000
vic
Srry, mi mistake.
Checkd out BB today, Old Hut magnificent 30cm dry, even one leg boarder had fun.
Very steep learning curve for the inexperienced staff, especially on the mountain access. One bend should be gritted no matter what, then a punter losing both chains wouldn't cause so much chaos.
Can't imagine anybody having enough energyfor a party, but as the redoubtable Hacky one said "When living on the mountain you gotta kick on"..

Charlie

Still the most depraved poster here
Jun 27, 2002
Gippsland
bawbawbel said:
Can't imagine anybody having enough energyfor a party, but as the redoubtable Hacky one said "When living on the mountain you gotta kick on"..

Must have been quite a few years ago!
biggrin.gif

outtahere.gif

Kahanamoku

One of Us
Sep 9, 2003
Traralgon
Visit site
Had a yack to Hacky yesterday myself. Found him on the base of Hut lift. after lunch I found him again floating around Ski Patrol building and he was much happier (because he'd got a slide in) hehe.

My opinion of conditions have been posted in Public Reports for anyone who cares.. (no need to beg IanD
tongue.gif
)

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass