BC - Late Jan/early Feb

Scot_e17

Hard Yards
May 17, 2017
After a brilliant trip in 2019/20, its time to get back to BC and explore some new terrain. So many valuable contributions in my questions on this forum last time round, so where better top start than right back here. Current Plan is MELB/CALGARY (via Syd/Van) late Jan, straight to Banff for 3-4 nights and we'll ski/board Sunshine and Lake Louise, before driving to Revelstoke for 5 nights and then back via Kicking Horse for 5 nights. Roughly 16 days in total. After reading various threads, it would seem the better option for accommodation is in Revelstoke, rather than on-mountain, whereas after staying on-mountain at KH, will definitely do it again rather than in Golden. Any suggestions for good accom in Revelstoke & Banff? Thanks in advance.

LDJ

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2017
In Banff. I stayed up tunnel mountain at hidden ridge resort. Great for town house, views, hot tubs and easy drive or bus into town. Good value for Banff. We walked into town as well but we’re pretty fit and had right footgear for ice etc. Not great if you want to go out for beers every night or eat out every night but good if you want to cook yourself, have car and spend time in accom at night

Reactions: Scot_e17

WickedPowder

Hard Yards
Sep 22, 2007
After a brilliant trip in 2019/20, its time to get back to BC and explore some new terrain. So many valuable contributions in my questions on this forum last time round, so where better top start than right back here. Current Plan is MELB/CALGARY (via Syd/Van) late Jan, straight to Banff for 3-4 nights and we'll ski/board Sunshine and Lake Louise, before driving to Revelstoke for 5 nights and then back via Kicking Horse for 5 nights. Roughly 16 days in total. After reading various threads, it would seem the better option for accommodation is in Revelstoke, rather than on-mountain, whereas after staying on-mountain at KH, will definitely do it again rather than in Golden. Any suggestions for good accom in Revelstoke & Banff? Thanks in advance.
Sounds like a good choice and order for your skiing. Make sure you book your tickets in the next day or so as the discounts still apply but run out soon. I live in Revelstoke and do a little work or the resorts Ski-school (in-bound guiding).

What type of accommodation are you after and what is your primary purpose? If it is pure skiing then staying on mountain or somewhere on the southside near the resort areas such as Arrow Heights. Being on resort can be a big advantage because RMR has a very limited number of on-mountain food/apre options. So being able to go back to the hotel room for lunch and for a break between runs can be a useful advantage for families.

I live on the south side of the resort and can use the lifts to access over 2000 vertical of slack country terrain and arrive right at my back door. However the disadvantage of where I am is that we are 10 mins from the town on this side.

Anyhow, let me know what you are aiming to do and i can make some recommendations if you like.

JayJee

A new hope
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
Is Dec 31st late Jan? :D

We are in Whistler from NYE until the 20th of January. Already booked the restaurants, transport, accommodation. Locked and loaded!

I can't wait!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass