Separate names with a comma.
We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics.
NOTE: This notice may be closed.
Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by simo_tele, Apr 9, 2006.
Snow or not I will be there......just to get out will be good!
I have no idea..but will be there! Still have to work out how to get skins on my skis
SA are you thinking of using alpine treckers?
seeing as i've had none of the BC time i planned this year (thus far) im still on. it's gonna come up oretty quick so shall we start planning car-pools and such?
I'm in the same pool as this n00b ^^
May need to hire some snow shoes for the weekend though.
Yes. Powderhog has kindly loaned me his trekkers and skins.
ods - BC does not stand for dropping your daks!
Bummer...I'm back on the maybe list - a family thing; I'll know more about a week out.
Mrs JD is on the maybe list now....she is concerned that she will hold people up, she won't hold ods up, thats for sure
by the looks of it there are gonna be so many people on this trip that there will inevitably be those who are faster than others so I wouldn't fret about holding people up...plus seeing as she is your S/O you'd have to wait for her if no one else was
can i get a reminder as to when and where you were going up? i have a few random weekends off work and would be keen if time and place suits...im from melbourne and could offer lifts up or would require a lift...
I think I'll get the chair up and skin across. get the tent up and get some runs in before anyone else turns up.
camping, im thinking somewhere near fv134618 looks like we might need somewhere with a bit of room.
at this stage i might scoot up to NSW a day or two early and ski thredbo for a bit. maybe we could hook up and head out Shrek seeing as i don't know the area?
ahhhh leather barrel creek
the memories *sigh*
Form what I hear, LBC is not far from the top of thredders, I think she is underselling herself....and of course if she isn't, it will mask my fitness (or lack thereof) nicely.
Geez...I was planning on going to this and telefest...
I dont know about either now....who are the cool people going again?!?!
its BC, no one cool. the cool people wear apres boots and stay in the village.
Ok, I will rephrase that....anyone under 25 going?
I doubt I am going. Its a bad choice of dates for my schedule...
?? for me also, footy presentation night got scheduled on the Fri night
But if the snows good, few hours sleep, 7 hours drive, no worries
does S still have the same number, i'll sms her and tell her to get her **** down there without you.
Yes, S still has the same number. She is keen for a ski, as she hasn't made it down yet this year - so it may not be too hard to convince her.
I was 25 once.
I smsed her, she must be hiding.
I have a mental age of 8
i'm under 25...and awesomely cool (i swear).
That would be me.
cut me in half and youd still have two bits over 25
Sorry guys, I'm out. Family commitments.
weather forecast does not look good, given I've got commitments on Fri night decision looks to have been made easy, unfortunately
No, he's playing make believe.....let's not tell him his mental age is really 6.
I'm out. Work commitments. Sorry.
weather is looking pretty damn average...
Has anyone else backed out and not posted it here or PM'd me?
I said on page 9 I probably couldn't go.
Now I am sure I am not able to go.
Pity about the conditions, but thats been the story of 2006 all around I guess...
well things are falling apart for me aswell. I have to be in South west rocks on Monday night so I'm guessing i'll have to leave thredbo early sunday morning if I want to make it there at a respectable hour.
I should still be going but how bad is the weather really looking?
Weather? Who knows a week ahead??
The frogs site says windy and wet.
The charts show a frontal system mid to late in the week at this stage - it could possibly even snow...
Ask again on Wednesday.
hey im going up on the tuesday (26th) could people post what conditions are like when they get back so i can decide whether it would just be better to just stay at home? cheers all.
I am still keen as even if the snow is shite!
We need a stocktake....who is still in??
Mrs JD (50-50 ATM)
just got back. went up to north ramshead for a squizz.
The cover is getting very thin. At times I was striking rock before the basket hit snow. Depending on weather conditions over the week it will be just passable or a washout. And rain and it is finished imho. one more decent snowfall would be a godsend. 40cm on wednesday would be perfect.
It should be possible to find somewhere to camp and ski for the first timers. more adventurous types looking for thrills might be a bit disapointed. That said you never know until you try it. I will not make a decision until thursday.
SPAN had 3 trips going out on saturday. so they are still keen.
Snow forecast for the weekend according to the amphibion!
i should still be going up unless it's a wash out between now and the end of the week.
I'm planning on getting up there about 10am-midday on the 22nd. Anyone wanna hook up and head out together as I don't know the area.
PS. what's the deal with overnight carparking?
I won't be up there till the 23rd.....wouldn't mind meeting some folk at the top of kosi chair at whatever time first lifts is! I don't know the area either!
i'm out.. have fun with whatever you get folks.
OK, getting excited now, I have cabooses tent set up in the lounge room and have been sitting on a thermarest chair for half the evening
I hope you're not pooing in a tube too JD
well JD, i'm getting there the 22nd but it doesn't look like i'll have anyone to head out with untill the morning of the 23rd so I'm up for meeting at the top of the chair first thing.
How longs the skin out and back? I'll have to be abck at my car ready to leave by 10am on sunday if i want to make it up the coast at a respectable time.
i was able to get back from north ramshead to eaglesnest without skins, a bit of double polling. im looking at the weather maps and cams with trepidation. if i go i'll be at thredbo at first lifts on 22nd