Ben Lomond 2014 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenLomondBezzer

Hard Yards
Aug 25, 2003
Ulverstone Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Sensational start to the day after a warm night at Bellendena Ski Club V(check us out on Facebook)

IMAG0531.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

Great conditions on the mountain yesterday. Terrain park features looking amazing, well done guys

IMAG0533.jpg

IMAG0532.jpg

Also managed to throw a little BBQ together with Barrie for the ski patrol and thanks to everyone who supported it, we raised over $300. Hopefully snow and weather dependant we can have some more throughout the rest of the season.

IMAG0539.jpg

IMAG0541.jpg

If anyone would like to help out with any future fundraisers run by the BLC please send me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

djdomain

First Runs
Jul 19, 2013
Could the people in charge of the Ben Lomond snow reports please update daily? We need to know if there is skiiable cover or not and if lifts are open if you want visitors. I'm hoping that the downpour outside right now is coming down as cold, white, fluffy goodness on the peak.

sircrackerjc

Hard Yards
Jun 20, 2011
Hobart, Tas
If you have access to facebook, then like Ben Lomond Snow Sports, if there is anything worth knowing flea always posts it there. Also Ben Lomond Creek Inn's page (the pub) frequently put up snaps when there is some white worth seeing.

BenLomondBezzer

Hard Yards
Aug 25, 2003
Ulverstone Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the feedback djdomain. Unfortunately due to the deteriorating conditions the ski camera says it all. I've updated the report with some updated information and as the snow begins to fall, from tonight hopefully we can provide more information on whats happening throughout the day. Its currently +2.8 on the mountain and everything is very wet so a large fall will be needed to get things going again.

Keep posted.

sircrackerjc

Hard Yards
Jun 20, 2011
Hobart, Tas
Any reports on conditions etc would be great. Crew of us thinking about heading up from hobart tomorrow and would love an insight.
Anything over the back open today/will be tomorrow?
Any of the terrain park ridable?
cheers

djdomain

First Runs
Jul 19, 2013
Pleeeaaase tell me the rain here in Launnie at the moment isn't falling as rain on the mountain, been busy all weekday so tomorrow is going to be my only chance at snow this week.

JKA

First Runs
Aug 9, 2013
how many lifts open on saturday do u think?
Cant be botherd commin all the way from NW Coast and have a crap day!
cheers

Tman

Hard Yards
Aug 10, 2013
is there meant to be plenty of snow this week?...thinking about coming up on Saturday!
Also, it looks as though the cams need fixing!

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania
Plenty i think Tman ! should be lots more snow by the weekend ! cant guarantee what the weather will be like ! probably snowy on saturday and sunday by the look of it!

Bulldozer

First Runs
Aug 15, 2006
Ben Lomond
Best Snow all season.
Fresh Tracks to be had mountain wide
Eryl and crew are going to try and get some tows going today.
Should be good for tomorrow
But today is well worth the effort to go for a trek
Hippie sticking would be sensational.
Bulldozer

Bulldozer

First Runs
Aug 15, 2006
Ben Lomond
Not sure if anything turned before they broke. They had issues with both Bass and village diesels. Josh and Steve are both out there tonight swapping the diesel on village, so Eryl tells me that he intends to run Village, Summit and either Fannies or Bills tomorrow.
The wind should abate tomorrow. Saturday is shaping up to be a purler.
Dozer

Tman

Hard Yards
Aug 10, 2013
Any chance that Ben Lomond will be open on Saturday? Or is it finished for the season?
By the looks, there's more snow on the way!

S-man

Hard Yards
Jun 23, 2002
Kalgoorlie WA
Apparently done for the season, Mawson is a better chance and will likely get more snow from this system on top of what already looks adequate, hopefully it holds up for the weekend.

daveski4ever

Hard Yards
May 25, 2010
Hobart, Tas
Someone has already been for a slide on a board up at Mawson, cover looks pretty decent, even over on Rodways there is snow, though suspect not top to bottom.

Ben Lomond Brad

Part of the Furniture
Jun 24, 2002
Tasmania
unfortunately nothing on line permanently at the moment.

NTAC cams won't hotlink and are only working on weekends ATM, Snowsports only run when open and the generator is running, and Rovers cam is just waiting to be recommissioned.

Hopefully it won't be tooooooo much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass