Ben Lomond Bliss 2010

Bulldozer

First Runs
Aug 15, 2006
Ben Lomond
Sorry about the delay in the "official Snow Report " this am. there was a communication breakdown. The weather was absolute c*@p at 7 am (howling wind and very limited visibility)and the call was made by staff on the ground to put a stop on the day. within the next 1 1/2 hours the weather had passed and extra staff have been recalled, as a result lifts will be operating as soon as possible.
BD

whitewalls

First Runs
Mar 27, 2008
Tasmania Australia
Visit site
Take more than the laser wash to get off the Ben Lomond Brown I reckon! I cant go through the good one with the brushes at BP riverside cos of my bullbar, so laser wash it might be after this season! Mind you mine gets covered in mud and cow s#*t this time of year in Marrawah anyway so its hardly worth it.

Ben Lomond Brad

Part of the Furniture
Jun 24, 2002
Tasmania
BD, thanks for the update, particularly as you are currently miles from the action.

Now there's service
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

paddington

First Runs
Jul 7, 2007

hey BLD and Brad, what's the go with the side bar; BLD gives a "report" earlier today and Brad suggests he is off site.

where do I find an objective and accurate report of the actual snow conditions?

please don't refer me to the cam, seems the bugs beset it.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania
I rekon it would be definatley worth heading up tommorrow Big A probably will be the best day for a while.. Friday should be good too.

Ben Lomond Brad

Part of the Furniture
Jun 24, 2002
Tasmania
paddington, just because BD may be off-site, doesn't mean the report he has given is anything but correct. No different from someone on the top of the village ringing him on the bottom of the village to put thie information onto the website

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania
You could always ring the Pub for an objectice report Paddinton thats the only other phone on the mountain other then AE and Rovers!

Payshie

First Runs
Jul 8, 2010
Hey just wondering if any of you were in the pub on Sunday evening around 8 I think.

BigA

Hard Yards
Jun 30, 2010
Gold Coast :(
Went up yesterday for a day of boarding. Cover was pretty good. Staff were excellent, all were friendly and polite. All in all I had a great day up at the Ben and would recommend going up there to anyone !

(I took a heap of photos but buggered if I can work out how to put them up here).

Maxcimus

Hard Yards
Jul 11, 2007
Hey mate, to post photo's in the forums make a photobucket account and upload the photo's through there. It will give you a link for each photo to paste into the forum

BigA

Hard Yards
Jun 30, 2010
OK here's some pics of yesterday. First time in a couple of years at the snow so made a goose of myself until I got into the swing of things again in the arvo.. but hey I had fun and isn't that what it's all about ?

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Payshie

First Runs
Jul 8, 2010
Yep the pub was open :)

Looks like you had nice weather too Big A. Which tow was the best?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

CaptainPowder

Hard Yards
Jun 9, 2003
Launceston, Tasmania
hi guys....just got my first turns for 2010
woohoo.gif
. snow holding up really well, i was quite suprised actually. only were running 3 lifts when i left (village and that little thing on the ffront and bills). Thought the snow on the front was better than over the back, but there is a real good base there and couldnt see a great deal of water moving so would think its going to hold for a bit. Lets hope this next front gets colder and dumps,
fart.gif
will be sick next week if thats the case. Have a great weekend up there those who go up, really nice positive attitude on the mountain, for a change didnt hear one complaint.....nice
thumbsup.gif
outtahere.gif

BigA

Hard Yards
Jun 30, 2010
I do I do (I think) Here's the link to the whole album..(Well most of it, I haven't finished uploading yet). Will be easier than filling up the forum with pictures
smile.gif

(I also included pics of the road in case anyone is curious on its condition, I have a nissan patrol so I'm not fussed but for those of you with 2wd, after next week I'm not so sure.....)

http://s777.photobucket.com/albums/yy55/arnok9010/Ben%20Lomond%20Snow%20July%202010/

Gotta agree with the good Captain.. the positive attitude up there was great...really good to see and as a BL first timer I was rapt.

Oh and its gonna dump next week
smile.gif
Trust me
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Powder_skier

First Runs
Oct 5, 2007
BigA said:
I do I do (I think) Here's the link to the whole album..(Well most of it, I haven't finished uploading yet). Will be easier than filling up the forum with pictures
smile.gif

(I also included pics of the road in case anyone is curious on its condition, I have a nissan patrol so I'm not fussed but for those of you with 2wd, after next week I'm not so sure.....)

http://s777.photobucket.com/albums/yy55/arnok9010/Ben%20Lomond%20Snow%20July%202010/

Gotta agree with the good Captain.. the positive attitude up there was great...really good to see and as a BL first timer I was rapt.

Oh and its gonna dump next week
smile.gif
Trust me
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

lets hope so.

Tezwah

Hard Yards
Jun 20, 2008
Launceston
The snow may have copped a pelting from the rain but last week was awesome! Heres a few shots from Wednesday.

_MG_2288.jpg

_MG_2269.jpg

_MG_2378.jpg

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania
That top picks on the board is a ripper tezwah. Yes the Ra*n Sucks just got back from the Ben after a weekend spent in the lodge and at the pub. The only possitive thing to say is that i have seen bigger washouts and i think its still salvageable if we get a decent freeze and 10-15cm this week.. It was 1 deg (coldest it had been all weekend) and starting to snow when i left the mountain at about 3 this arvo.

benny b boy

First Runs
Aug 1, 2006
Hobart
so glad i didnt go up on saturday, i would have been spewing.

I know this is an age old thing but it it possible to get some updates earlier, or even the night before of what "may" happen tomorrow, so at least us southeners have some idea of what we are looking at before we make the 3.5 hour dirve.

not having a go at anyone just an idea

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania
Jagi promo party and prizes at the creek in this sat night with $5 basic spirits if anyones on the hill creek inn management tell me.. Hopefully we get some snow in the next cuppla days.. !

Bulldozer

First Runs
Aug 15, 2006
Ben Lomond
Been a long time between drinks here on the Ben, you could almost say it is a drought, But here is something to bring a smile to your face whilst waiting for snow.
In Snow talk there is a thread "Your most embarrasing ski moment", well worth a read over a red.
BD

doomechanic

First Runs
Jul 15, 2008
Lonnie
Speaking of drinks, There's a Jagi promo gig at the Creek Inn this weekend... Sounds like a good excuse to return to the Hill!

LastRun

First Runs
Sep 29, 2003
could there be some bliss on BL this weekend? Not there yet by the look of the cam, but getting close.

And can i just say, "The cam is getting whiter" and "its getting colder in launceston" or has someone already done so many times in the Snow Reports Thread

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania
At least it will be a bit snowier looking then last week,, The ben maybe just teasing us again.
laugh.gif

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania
There is live music at the Creek inn this saturday night (21st) if your on the hill support the pub & head on down for a couple of quite or loud ones !

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass