Tasmania
Apparently there is snow in them there hills
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania
Looked good from town early this morning with Snow on Arthur , Barrow and Ben, .. Should see more Friday & some snow showers saturday too.

warhammer

First Runs
May 12, 2011
Launceston
Hi all this is my first time here. The Mountain's looked real good this morning, very nice to wakening to the sight of snow...!

North Face

First Runs
Jul 19, 2008
Tassie
Craving for some of that Ben Lomond old weather as we sit in Delhi with 45 degree plus and it will only get warmer as we move south. Great to hear things are happening on Ben Lomond. Thank goodness they have beer in India.

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania
Like your attempted work warhammer... Your not drinking that Indian beer from the brewary that draws its brew water from next to the sewage outlet are u North Face!.. Still all beer is good when it,s cold and your hot.. !

Mr_Yagi

First Runs
May 12, 2011
Hello All, Hope you well, I am back, new user as been so long forgot my password and have changed emails, snowing at Upper Blessington this morning, Bring it on. I was here last year but was a troll;)

North Face

First Runs
Jul 19, 2008
Tassie
BLI its not even cold but it looks like beer. I reckon its safer then the water. Look forward to having a good beer on Ben Lomond.

Maxcimus

Hard Yards
Jul 11, 2007
warhammer said:
damn.... didnt work.....
Can anyone tell me how to post pics...???

Hey mate if you make a flickr or photobucket account and upload photos to your account, it will then give you a link that you can paste in forums etc, just google flickr or photobucket and sign up to one. Hope this makes sense!

Maxcimus

Hard Yards
Jul 11, 2007
Has anyone seen the new origin energy ad? It features gas being driven up the ladder and delivered to the lomond!

Ben Lomond Brad

Part of the Furniture
Jun 24, 2002
Tasmania
and dropped off at Rovers. I wish someone was waiting on the front step with a coffee for me everytime I turned up
tongue.gif

Ben Lomond Brad

Part of the Furniture
Jun 24, 2002
Tasmania
251747_10150224383844297_147512044296_6881137_5916186_n.jpg

PWS said:
By Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Lomond Road closed due to heavy snowfalls and downed tree branches. The Parks and Wildlife Service is working to re-open the road as soon as possible but given current weather and road conditions, it may not re-open until Friday.

Rhinoceros

First Runs
Apr 27, 2009
I'm pretty excited!!! whats the go about the road getting opened? Does anyone have any "round about idea" when it will be open to the top? Anyone going to try to get up tomorrow?

Ben Lomond Brad

Part of the Furniture
Jun 24, 2002
Tasmania
not going to be open til prob Friday at the earliest. Grader couldn't make it up the ladder, a bulldozer has arrived to try to get the ladder cleared. will take a couple of days at least.

Baldy

First Runs
Jul 3, 2003
Launceston
Hi all , just wondering if AE has any lifts available for beginners or a rope tow even just to practice on, considering there is no foot trafic allowed on the mountain and to eliminate derailing on tows and making all you guys upset
smile.gif
i want to take my 2 boys up very soon as they a keen to try out snowboarding and skiing , Ages are 8 and 11 , myself I class as a beginner also and struggle to use the pomme tows.

Any advice or send me to thr right thread if there is one ?

Ben Lomond Brad

Part of the Furniture
Jun 24, 2002
Tasmania
I have just been contact by PWS to advise that overnight, after 6pm, somone or someones have broken into one of the bulldozers working to clear the road, and smashed all the windows and removed the dashboard from it.

This has left it completely inopperable.

It has put the road clearing miles behind as they now have had to deal with this situation and the police.

The second dozer was intended to drag the grader to the top of the mountain so that it could begin clearing the carpark. This is now not likely to happen until later today, if not early tomorrow.

If ANYONE has any information, or saw any vehilces on the mountain road last night, please contact PWS immediately

Further updates will be made later in the day.

Piste_Plow

First Runs
Jun 20, 2011
Right.
Gotta get me some Ben Lomond fix.
Tomorrow will be excellent, later...

Anyone heading up tomorrow and can give me a lift (with skis) tomorrow (Tuesday), let me know.

Either post here or private message before 6:40 AM.
After that I'll be going to work for the day... :-(

In a couple of weeks I'll have a 4WD with chains ready, and happy to contribute to the community so I'm looking for some love here.

Cheers,
Chris.

BenLomondBezzer

Hard Yards
Aug 25, 2003
Ulverstone Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Not worth the trip dude. over 100 mm of rain in the last two days... Its not looking too good. Apart from the chance to dig out Erryl's Space mobile (German thing that I forget the name of with some mega tyres), fix Giblin, Big Ben and Fannies before the next onslaught of snow.

Bulldozer

First Runs
Aug 15, 2006
Ben Lomond
Finally
The Big Blue Wizard was fired up today, and it looked great, unfortunately due to the current prevailing conditions all we did was wash a few lodge roofs. But now all we have to do is wait for the moment!!! bring it on
BD

Bulldozer

First Runs
Aug 15, 2006
Ben Lomond
Would have been nice to say yes but unfortunately the atmosperics have to be in the right range, at best last night the Dry bulb temp only dropped to 0.8 and the relatively humidity 43.7 at 861.3 hPa (4.23am)giving a wet bulb temp of 0.61 at this we would only make rain as the machine would not effectively nucleate. It looks like last night we had some inversion giving lower temps in Launceseton then on the mountain. I can assure that when it happens It will be all over here.BD

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass