1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Ben Lomond - Cost verses Experience

Discussion in 'Ben Lomond' started by oze, Jul 5, 2011.

1. doomechanic

doomechanic First Runs

Once the snow melts and the ramp is re-exposed, we will look at replacing any dammaged boards and protruding nails. Does anyone have any old marine carpet laying around? The ramp originally had a layer but this has obviously worn through.

2. BenLomondBezzer

BenLomondBezzer Hard Yards

Its still there, just unstuck from the ramp. tried to fix it when the snow was melting the other week but it seemed to be missing some of it... and had no way to hold it down...

3. Mr_Yagi

Mr_Yagi First Runs

You will all be happy to know that the problem nails have been fixed today. RN I apologize if it was the nail that got your board and not a rock, but we are not mind readers, if there is a problem communicate to the lift operator or to one of the guys on skidoos and we can address it.

4. Ravernaughts

Ravernaughts First Runs

+1

#54 Ravernaughts, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  5. xecute

xecute Hard Yards

Hey, there is a whole economic theory around pricing and profit maximization. The theory is that if you effectively employ a pricing strategy that captures existing consumer surplus by charging different prices to different consumer groups (and prevent arbitrage) you will increase your revenues and increase social surplus.

Basically that means that you make more money and your customers are happier.

Check out:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_discrimination
    http://flashecon.org/surplus/PEMaximization_notes.html
    http://tutor2u.net/economics/revision-notes/a2-micro-price-discrimination.html

#55 xecute, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  6. Bulldozer

Bulldozer First Runs

7. xecute

xecute Hard Yards

The argument in previous posts was that $55 is to expensive others say that it is more than reasonable.

My point is that if they worked on the pricing to allow for a price to match peoples expectations and their perception of value, it would work better.

For example: The pricing already discounts a package deal $100 for board and pass and the pricing already discounts half day ticket pass. However to hire your gear for half a day and get a half day ticket pass, the total price works out to be almost the same price as a full day package. It doesn't catch any consumer surplus or add to the perception of value.

I am not complaining, I am just saying it should be possible to keep more people happy and make more money.

8. Ocrack

Ocrack First Runs

I'm with sircrackerjc here, went up last wednesday and it was a great day on the mountain. May have cost $100 bucks or so all up but at least we have the opportunity to do so? I had loads of fun, and will be heading back up there sometime in the near future thats for sure.

#58 Ocrack, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  9. Riaino

Riaino First Runs

I'm looking forward to going on Thursday or Friday, assuming the bus is running from Launceston that is. Hopefully it all comes together.

10. Tezwah

Tezwah Hard Yards

Had a great weekend up the ben this weekend! thanks everyone! one mention though, i was trying to assist my partner and a friend who are still learrning get up village when i noticed that it was going much faster than normal and thus many people were failing to get up and or were falling off, upon suggesting to the lifty to slow it down i was told that it had to go that fast? Ive seen it going slower most other times.. not having a go, but a beginer tow shouldnt be the flying mile! i understand the back slopes going fast as they are marked as blue but the front shouldnt be like that surely. That said my weekend remained great and i experienced little interuptions to my boarding [​IMG]

#60 Tezwah, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  11. xecute

xecute Hard Yards

It was packed out on Saturday. Great fun!