Ben Lomond Kids Fun Day Sat 25th Aug

keen skier

First Runs
Jul 3, 2002
Turners Beach. Tas
Last weekend we were all sitting around reminiscing about old days of Ben Lomond and decided it was time some of the fun times returned! So... on Sat 25th August I'm organising a kids fun day on the Ben but I need some help with prizes. Its basically about the kids skiing in fancy dress (and hopefully adults too - but prizes are only for the kids!). Names will just be drawn out of a hat to receive prizes. The major ones so far being a childs season pass donated by Alpine Enterprises and a ski helmet donated by Ski Patrol. The pub are going to put on $1 sausages in a bun with any profits to Ski Patrol. Hopefully there'll be a lolly scramble at the end and a snowman making/sculpture competition but if anyone can help with sponsorship, it would be wonderful. I also need someone to do the rounds in Launceston for me, seeking sponsorship. If you can help, please email me at swampy@southcom.com.au

Ben Lomond Brad

Part of the Furniture
Jun 24, 2002
Tasmania
Re: Ben Lomond Snow Condition Reports

keen skier said:
Last weekend we were all sitting around reminiscing about old days of Ben Lomond and decided it was time some of the fun times returned! So... on Sat 25th August I'm organising a kids fun day on the Ben but I need some help with prizes. Its basically about the kids skiing in fancy dress (and hopefully adults too - but prizes are only for the kids!). Names will just be drawn out of a hat to receive prizes. The major ones so far being a childs season pass donated by Alpine Enterprises and a ski helmet donated by Ski Patrol. The pub are going to put on $1 sausages in a bun with any profits to Ski Patrol. Hopefully there'll be a lolly scramble at the end and a snowman making/sculpture competition but if anyone can help with sponsorship, it would be wonderful. I also need someone to do the rounds in Launceston for me, seeking sponsorship. If you can help, please email me at swampy@southcom.com.au

KS, that is a fantastic idea and just whatthe mountain needs to be getting back into the swing of doing. Have a chat with John Marshall too and see if the BLC can become involved in some way as well. Opps, just realised you would have done already to get the prize from Ski Patrol. Hopefully I may be able to make it back up for the day, with BLBella, as she is desperate to make a snow man.

Last edited by a moderator:

keen skier

First Runs
Jul 3, 2002
Turners Beach. Tas

Hi Brad! Plans are coming along really well and its full steam ahead. Its really encouraging to hear people getting enthused, talking about their costumes (and I don't just mean kids!).I'll be in touch later in the week with some more details - just finalising them now!

keen skier

First Runs
Jul 3, 2002
Turners Beach. Tas

KIDS SNOW FUN DAY UPDATE!!!! .... Sat 25th August. The day is ...dare I say...snowballing?!!! To be eligible for a prize, kids must be skiing/boarding in fancy dress. Enter before 12 noon on the day by registering on paper provided outside Ski Patrol. If there is enough snow, you can enter in some fun races (skiing/boarding, perhaps even toboggan race) with a gold coin donation to Ski Patrol as an entry fee. The meeting place and time for the races will be advertised outside Ski Patrol at 9am on Sat. Prize giving (by drawing names out of a hat)will be at 2pm outside Ben Lomond Snow Sports, followed by a lolly scramble. There will be a sausage sizzle and soft drinks available near Ski Patrol. There will also be an area for building snowmen or sculptures. Major prizes so far are a childs season pass donated by Alpine Enterprises; ski helmet donated by Ski Patrol; toboggan donated by Launceston Sport & Surf; and many minor prizes with the list still growing!! We would also love to see adults in fancy dress and from all accounts, they sound almost as excited as the kids!!! I also heard there might be a witch skiing around up there with a few lollies in her pocket....if you can catch her....

Ben Lomond Brad

Part of the Furniture
Jun 24, 2002
Tasmania

ks, have you done a bit of a media release? Perhaps the snow report could actually be done on Ben on Saturday. The Examiner may also send up a photog and a reporter to get some shots.

Any publicity is good publicity
wink.gif

Also, contact Bulldozer to see if he can get it added into his morning radio snow report
wink.gif

keen skier

First Runs
Jul 3, 2002
Turners Beach. Tas

BLB, Haven't you been listening to the morning snow reports??!!! :) CAT has been advertising it on the radio all of last week when doing the snow reports and will continue to do so this week. It should also have been advertised in the Examiner last Sunday and also this Wednesday and so I presume they are aware of it. And I guess if they do a snow report for Sat night from the mountain, then its all over! Will try and encourage the Examiner to go up as well. Cheers!

Ben Lomond Brad

Part of the Furniture
Jun 24, 2002
Tasmania

love your work ks, maybe even post it in the Alpine news over to the left of these forums as well.

Haven't been listening to the report in the morning as Bulldozer has me on his txt list
wink.gif
Besides, haven't been able to make it up there at all this year (other than the bender)
frown.gif

Bulldozer

First Runs
Aug 15, 2006
Ben Lomond

ta1001488.jpg

The Men In Black
ta1001489.jpg

2 Very Rough Diamonds
ta1001490.jpg

Open Gnome Surgery
ta1001491.jpg

Shrek and His Princess "Not Now Donkey"
ta1001492.jpg

Every Child Wins a Prize
Thanks to all the Sponsors and Supporters

ta1001494.jpg

The "A"e Team, the poor bleeding lift crew who had to work

Well Done Ali and her team from Kunama, 3 cheers Hip hip, Hip hip, Hip hip Hooray

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Legges Tor

Hard Yards
Aug 16, 2007

Some more photos
kids001.jpg

The jumping castle
kids002.jpg

kids003.jpg

kids004.jpg

kids005.jpg

kids006.jpg

kids007.jpg

kids008.jpg

BenLomond Iceman

One of Us
Aug 22, 2000
tasmania

Congats to the organisers.. Was great fun for the kids. We should keep these traditions going every year like the gnome!!..
It helps bring our little mountain community together!

keen skier

First Runs
Jul 3, 2002
Turners Beach. Tas

Thankyou all for your support by participation and sponsorship, assistance on the day and general encouragement!! It seems I achieved my goal which was for the kids to have fun - which the 60 kids certainly seemed to do!!! While I am here, I would like to list and thank the sponsors for the quality prizes. They are Alpine Enterprises; Ski Patrol; Creek Inn; Ben Lomond Snow Sports; ANZ Bank; Tas Rovers Ski Club; Midland Tractors; L'ton Sport & Surf; Brennen Family from Toorbunna; Chickenfeed; Leedon; B & E; Mountain Designs; Elizabeth Matthews Gifts; Beach Beat; Allgoods; Centre-Care Pharmacy; Robert Prescott & Associates; House of Bounce. $265 was raised and another $107 donated for Ski Patrol. I'd also like to say thanks to Rovers for cooking and serving the snags; those who chased sponsorship for me; Ben Kuipers for doing all the great posters; Rocky Findlater for bringing along the PA system, allowing us all to ski to music! Personally, I wish we could have music blasting over the mountain and sausage sizzles every weekend!!! Yes, I agree with you Iceman. Its a great way to bond our little mountain once again - just like the poor old gnome! So hopefully we'll do it all again next year....with a bit of help my friends! Ali

snowperson

First Runs
Aug 10, 2007

Agreed, it was great fun and brought a lot of kids together on the mountain, particularly with the focus on the Gnome. Thanks to the organisers. We should do it again next year.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass