hey im thinking either head up thurs or fri which would be the better day? if the cover will hold till fri (i think it will) i'll just head up fri, but is there any chance of less lifts being opened? and to the dude i met tonight @ mulgrave st flats, if u read this let me know who u are, never got to ask you if you read the forums.. peace
currently -1.6 deg, light SSE breeze with low dense cloud, Mist freezing out giving a light frost on every thing. 4 lifts to day as per ussuall and at this stage i would anticipate 4 on friday with 6 on the weekend.
As BLIM says unless we get big rain this cover will last a while , sure the tops of more bushes will start to rear there ugly heads but on the whole the cover is quite firm and should not deteriorate too quickly
Weekend should be ok . Saturday should be fine for the Kids day!. Weather will deteriorate on Sunday late showers & windy!!..
Chance of reasonable snow next thursday 30th August! Which we will be really looking for by than! Lets hope we get a good top up before the school holidays coming up to finish off a good season for the ben
hey i got up this arvo and had a bit of a board.. there is still a good cover, patchy in places, lots of rocks showing thru or threatening too.. snow was soft and slow, but theres still lots of great runs to be had.. over the back is definately better, summit is pretty sketchy.. and someone should really remove that kicker at the base the landing is just rocks now, as i found out when i was in mid air ha ha..
Sorry S-man but some one had jumped in and changed the report to "Snow play Only" Logged in at 12.50 when we became aware on the mtn` changed the script but it refreshed with this mornings readings. check out the photo or Jonwahs report.
I Think it may be to warm this week early on! Maybe a chance of a few snow showers at night on sunday!.. There are fronts coming through all next week byt in a milder westerly pattern!!.. It gets a bit colder from thursday on.. That will be the best chance of snow!!..
Best chance of snow is still thursday night. Friday morning!.. Hopefully a much needed top up before the coming weekend!.. Will be cool & breezy on the ben this week!.. Will passing front providing showers from time to time . fresh west n/ westerly winds!
Bulldozer phoned to say the satellite connection is down, therefore the snow cam pictures wont update until it is back up. Skiing should be much the same as yesterday, ie sunshine and soft snow. 3 lifts operating today, they will rotate which ones run. Currently Village, Bass and Fannies.
We will get snow late thursday .. Friday morning as i mentioned earlier!.. Hopefully we dont get to much rain first! There is another decent front which should bring more snow coming through sunday night!.. You never know we might get it back & going just in time for school holiday!
Current conditions +3.4 20 knot NW High cloud nil lifts 2 day. And you hit the nail on the head BLB standby means they are ready to go and under current circumstances will remain so untill further snow or towards the end of the school holidays when they will be "closed" for the season.
currently 2.5 degrees WNW 20 knots plus, snow gobbling drizzle.
Blew the proverbial tits off overnite and appears to be moderating. As BLIM says precipitation should become heavier and turn to snow this arvo. How much??? 5-8 cm but some of this will melt on settling. However my twist is the forecast relatively low temps on Tuesday with precipitation on the east coast and calm winds should be good for another 5-10 cms?
Unfortunatley unless we get this southerly maybe south easterly blow in this arvo i think its all over red rover!!.. We could get a big dump out of nowhere in the next week or so but that would be very rare!!
whats the chances of tows opening tomorrow at this stage? i know it depends what happens this arvo/tonight, but anyone wanna hazard a guess? if this system dumps on the sw but misses ben again im gonna go hunting for huey..