Best Iphone/Android SKI APP with GPS trail mapping ??? Suggestions anyone

Raul

Hard Yards
Jan 1, 1970
SouthMelbourne/Vic
I am after any good and any iphone/android apps with support for custom maps or aussie maps that can show the trail maps with current gps, not requiring any 3g/net access, so must be 100% offline.

breadcrumb tracking , with speed results etc...

Aussie ski maps arent 100% top view either, so any custom maps must be 100% 3rd party created.

So anyone using anything cool or are all skiers poor bastards with 1998 nokias?

Or do we need someone to make an app and co-label a ski.com.au 'APP'

-Raul

JTG

First Runs
Aug 4, 2008
Melbourne
Visit site
I use Ski Tracks on the Iphone. It does not have trail maps, but does do tracking with speed result, total vertical, lifts, ski vertical, max speed and slope. You can upload your tracks on to a map, but I have not, as yet done that.

Dive

Hard Yards
Mar 31, 2008
Sydney
There is Open Piste Maps which is rather sparse for Australia at the moment. I have mapped some of Thredbo from my GPS tracks from 10 days ago, but there is a big delay updating (for some reason).

I had Open Street Maps loaded (which takes effort) in the meantime. That was on a portable GPS, though. No idea about phones. Horrible, noisy, intrusive things.

Last edited by a moderator:

OuterLimits

Hard Yards
Apr 24, 2009
I don't believe maps exist in Australia for this but it wont be too far off. Pretty cool stuff, watch the video. I believe it will be ported to Android soon as well.

http://www.rtp.com/info/company/realski.aspx

This is made by the same vendor as the one which produces the tickets, sells hire etc... in Thredbo, Perisher, CP and Selwyn. Not exactly what you are looking for in terms of tracking but this ski resort mobile app development space is very interesting. Apps should keep getting better.

Last edited by a moderator:

danielg23

Hard Yards
Jan 21, 2010
check out the itrailmap 3D for iphone

it has GPS maps as well as normal trail maps including OZ resorts. not sure how it goes whilst tracking at the snow as i havent been up since downloading it.

Raul

Hard Yards
Jan 1, 1970
SouthMelbourne/Vic
I liked iTrailmap, one of the cool looking ones.

Now if only gps+3g didnt drain the battery so fast and it lasted from 9am to 5pm.

hehe

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass