Advice needed Best place to buy ski, in San Fran, Vancouver or whistler?

Captainkeen

Hard Yards
Sep 7, 2019
Hi all, going to Canada for the first time this season and looking to pick up some new skis over there, wanted advice on where would be the best to buy from/any good or well known shops to buy from?
I have a good idea of what I am looking for, so just after advice on where to buy?

B-Dub

Addicted
Jul 20, 2017
Canberra
If you’re in San Fran, check out Sports Basement Presido. They have EVERYTHING and if you can luck into a sale, it’s gold!

Crystal

Sand skier extraordinaire
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Far far away Aussie expat
I am also a big fan of buying where your skiing to tweak...that said good bargains off the hill in Vancouver if you know what you want already :)

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Honestly I think some of the other shops are a better bet, we had a great winter and are up on last year with good stock levels, but I’ve heard most places were down on hardware sales and are still overstocked and as a result have bigger discounts.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
As long as the ski's you want are available.

Lots of posts on the forum about not being able to buy a specific ski.

Eve @CarveMan acknowledge last year that he had no black pearls in stock when I bought mine in Tahoe.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Range is definitely worth considering as well as exchange rate/value of your spending dollar.

I do and have paid a premium to have the range selection, but if it’s a choice of skis available here or there and the exchange rate means you’re spending much more, then buy before you go. Totally situation dependent.

If you wanna browse the biggest range and don’t mind the possible extra dollars on a weak exchange rate then buy there. If tweaking and after sales service is important to you, buy where you ski.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass