Best Ski for Treble Cone

Cat_Herder

Hard Yards
Jan 12, 2015
Some may have seen my other thread about the Renoun Endurance 98, which is definitely still on the list, but I was wondering what would be your number 1 pick ski for Treble Cone and the terrain it offers. I'm planning on doing a season over there and thinking about my kit now...
Currently I have a set of ON3P Kartels, which have been my daily in Australia and have served me well, and I'm sure I'll take for park days at Cardrona, but looking for something a bit more suited. My other main thought at the moment is the Elan Ripstick 98 (potentially black edition), and they'll likely be mounted with shifts.
I'm not a terrible skier - have a racing background, and on past trips to TC I've been able to ski everything that has been open, but a little bit hesitant in the absolute steepest/most technical, so I'm after something that's gonna hold up alright but doesn't have to cop 30 foot drops. I'm 85kg, 178cm if that helps. I don't mind paying for a slightly more expensive ski too if it's worth it.
Cheers in advance

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011
Something stiff. :)

iu

Reactions: BoofHead

Dumphfish

Addicted
Oct 9, 2017
Nordica Enforcer 100, 184 would be a good choice for you. Good on and off piste, still has plenty of float for pow, holds up in the chop/crud which you will ski lots of at TC. Does everything very well, that's why it is so popular and successful.

Reactions: Annabuzzy

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
Nordica Enforcer 100, 184 would be a good choice for you. Good on and off piste, still has plenty of float for pow, holds up in the chop/crud which you will ski lots of at TC. Does everything very well, that's why it is so popular and successful.
I’d be up for that at TC, but probably opt for the 94 - I just don’t think we get enough snow in Oz and NZ to use a circa 100mm ski as a DD.

There’s so many good skis nowadays though. There’s hardly a dud ski, at least from the major manufacturers. It’s probably more an issue of (a) determining what sort of skiing you intend to do (b) based on that, what class of skis you’re looking at (c) working out what sort of skier you are (jumps, freestyle, park, all mountain, piste, etc, finesse, technical, charger etc) and (d) then what ski suits you within that class for the type of skiing you want to do, and the sort of skier you are.

I don’t think I know enough to know where you fit in all that.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Sorry couldn't resist. I've spent a lot of time at TC, front side, back side left and right.

My weapon of choice is the DPS Pagoda100RP. They're light enough to tour and lay trenches on piste, they'll slay anything NZ has to offer. If you want to do a season at TC, versatility is what you need. Something you can have a blast on piste and something that doesn't hinder you when you venture beyond the ropes. Which you will do often at TC.

In NZ you get get hung up if your ski is too BC centric as the weather gods can and do conspire against you at times limiting many days to piste only. But when it's on it's on like Donkey Kong and having BC cred is crucial to enjoying your touring days. The beauty of NZ BC is you can open them up off piste so you want a solid ski that will handle it but again not too light.

The Pagoda 100RP is built for it.

I am the DPS ski rep so obviously biased. But I can tell you this, Darryl, the owner of Small Planet Sports in NZ can ski whatever ski he wants and he's been riding DPS for years.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass