Bestjet - Any thoughts on them going bust?

Discussion in 'Flights' started by tr+h, Dec 19, 2018.

1. tr+h

tr+h One of Us

So the news is reporting they have gone under and everyone needs to check their bookings made via their website.

I booked Perth ->Japan in March. Flying Singapore airlines, but via Bestjet. I've downloaded my Singapore tickets(via Singapore's website) and printed them. The tickets still appear via the booking reference. Guess I better call Singapore tomorrow though.

Anyone else heard anything????

2. Crystal

Crystal Sand skier extraordinaire
    Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Yes I think if you have tickets issued you are fine, I would still ring though :)

3. gareth_oau

gareth_oau Pool Room
    Ski Pass: Gold

fingers crossed for you G

4. Zimbooo

Zimbooo One of Us

5. mannyk

mannyk One of Us

6. tr+h

tr+h One of Us

I’ve got tickets and was also offered to go into auction for an upgrade last night so think I’m partly okay.

One of our boys can’t get off work so cancelled his ticket a couple of weeks ago and don’t expect to see those dollars back.

7. tr+h

tr+h One of Us

So we are sipping beer in the departure lounge with our boarding passes and passports.

Still no sign of the refund for the son who cancelled his ticket. So we are probably going to lose $800 but the other 5 of us saved $500 each.

Obviously our purchase was before Bestjet got into strife and our tickets were issued from Singapore airlines immediately after we booked. So things still ok for us but not sure i would do it again.

azzski and gareth_oau like this.
  8. Chowder11

Chowder11 Part of the Furniture

We booked through best jet a week before they went ass-up but haven't had our tickets cancelled either so we dodged a bullet big time.
    The email I received was saying that they used a 3rd party for a handful of airlines, and they were the ones that were potentially effected.