BNE to CHC prices?

windy

Addicted
Apr 17, 2016
Upper Flagstone
This is my overseas first trip post covid and I was not ready for how expensive flights are now. I have a trip planed for the end of August early September. Accom is book and now looking at flights. My question is, should I just suck it up and book flights now or wait and see if there is any price drops?

When we did our last trip in 2018 and direct flight (at a reasonable hour) from bne to chc return was $400 now it's closer to $1000.

Any advice greatly apricated.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Crystal

Sand skier extraordinaire
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Far far away Aussie expat
I started looking in Jan for our flights ~30-40% higher over all compared to pre Covid. Mel-Vancouver...since then the flights have risen and not come down at all. I ended up booking in April. I have been looking since just out of curiosity.

general rule of thumb, if you see a price that you are prepared to pay, book it and then don't go back, you may only cry. My feel is, post Covid prices are higher across the board, demand is high for the limited scheduled flights they have...book it.

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.
Just suck it up. It was always going to more expensive.

You could also consider yourself lucky. ;)

I paid for a flight for my daughter last November, round trip to the US out of Gold Coast and Sydney. Instead of maybe $900-$1000 total, it was around $3100

• Wow
Reactions: windy

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Sydney to Christchurch return (Via Gold coast) $385.

Gold coast to Christchurch return $910

On Jetstar.

Same international flight numbers.

• Wow
Reactions: Marty McSly

grantn

Addicted
Aug 10, 2011
This is my overseas first trip post covid and I was not ready for how expensive flights are now. I have a trip planed for the end of August early September. Accom is book and now looking at flights. My question is, should I just suck it up and book flights now or wait and see if there is any price drops?

When we did our last trip in 2018 and direct flight (at a reasonable hour) from bne to chc return was $400 now it's closer to $1000.

Any advice greatly apricated.
Maybe your dates line up with school holidays/peak times? We fly BNE-CHC 11th Aug direct and fly back 28th Aug, and that's $650 return. Yes it's more expensive than previous years but I figure that is just post Covid + inflation.
If you are desperate to make it cheaper, you could wait for a Jetstar sale and go Gold Coast - Christchurch. In my experience that leg/carrier is more likely to offer sale prices, than BNE-CHC with Qantas or Air NZ. But then you have to add bags + oversized ski bag + blah blah blah

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using