1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Bogong & Feathertop Access /Track reports etc.

Discussion in 'Backcountry' started by Ubiquitous Steve, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weerab

weerab One of Us

thanks for that info!

Chaeron likes this.
  2. Xplora

Xplora One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

And I get accustomed to your rants when someone does not agree with you.

It was done in the Summer camping thread so no need to do it again.

More rant and misquoting. I am used to you misquoting me. Pushing through the foliage which is encroaching over the track is more a nuisance than anything that was on the ground which only required minimal effort to get over. A chainsaw does not work as well on this scrub. A petrol hedge trimmer or brushcutter (metal blade) is a better or more effective tool. I am not sure how I mislead anyone. My 90kg friend carrying a pack did just fine and did not have to scramble once over fallen trees. Just a step. How many were there? Maybe more have fallen or maybe your saw has a small fuel tank. I think here you are misleading. I don't see any other bushwalker having too many issues with the small amount that was on the track.

I would not say it was hidden. I thought I was pretty clear. We have the rules written down. They apply to everyone equally. If you don't like the rules then you have a number of choices. Make your choice but if that choice is breaking the rules then you pay if you get caught.

What about the people on horses you mentioned recently? So not a single soul apart from a solo walker and the horse group. Anyway this is all State Forest and reg 73 does not apply.

I take everything on its own merit. My opposition to FHAC and PV's involvement with that is well documented. I trust you also wrote a submission and attended one of the meetings. Something at least a little more constructive than just PV bash on this forum.

You have said this before and as before you are wrong. In what manner have I mislead you or anyone about track conditions? I would suggest your standard of track is more suited to the proposed FHAC and I have been quite clear before that the odd tree over a track is not a great concern to bushwalkers. I did not mentioned any obstacles on the Long Spur because we did not encounter OBSTACLES but you see a few small branches differently. You exaggerate your point for the sole purpose of misleading in a vain attempt to discredit me. Good luck with your endeavours.

3. Ubiquitous Steve

Ubiquitous Steve Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Xplora you talk so much bullshit ...we don't chainsaw imaginary things off the track.....we don't like folk making new tracks left and right to get around things....Parks say please stick to formed tracks .we encourage all to do the same but we cannot make you Xplora observe National Parks protocol.....

You discredit your self every time you post track reports of dubious nature .We ain't gotta discredit you because you do such a brilliant job yourself.Well we love the way you rise to the challenge in surmounting obstacles on tracks.Good on you....but the rest of us ain't got put up with debri littering Walking tracks....some debri can either stop horse parties or make it very dangerous on side slopes of a roll over.Now this tree shown is after initial limb clearing was done to leave the bowl that was then toiled on by Team Bears.Before limb clearing was done it was an army exercise in contortion to get through even without a pack.We encountered other trees of smaller diameter on Long Spur that also presented them selves as an entire blockage necessitating forming a new route to get around them.

So Team Bears will continue to clear to this standard and won't lower it that of the Xplora.

4. Ubiquitous Steve

We have the right to object to the use of helicopters to service High Knob Glamper Camp.
    You are good at quoting Park regulations to forum members.So Team Bears see that it's somewhat ironic for Parks Staff to object to chainsaw noise at Cleve Cole by Bogong Club Members but to entertain the idea that it's alright for helicopters to be heard buzzing the Razorback to support this lame brain scheme.

Is this Park bashing or is it not fair criticism?
    So every time Parks are challenged it's Park Bashing....try another method of subterfuge.Deflect all you like on these issues where park management is the topic of discussion.

5. Ubiquitous Steve

Parks seem to be doing the job of Park Bashing to use Xploras term well themselves........because of questionable conduct the CEO was forced to resign if Team Bears remember correctly....now what was that all about......that really didnot do the public image much good!!

Might well we question some of Park Vics activities??

6. Ubiquitous Steve

Where has Charlie gone when you need him??:whistle:

7. Ubiquitous Steve

Xplora when did you assume the role of official spokesperson for bushwalkers.Team Bears were unaware that an official position had been gazetted in the Public Service.

Prescribed penalty 20units!:emoji_levitate:

8. Xplora

Xplora One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Only 5 rants in response Steve. Not up to your usual standard. And the photo you posted of a tree down. Where was that? It was not blocking the Long Spur when I walked it recently. I care little of what you think or say of me but please quote me the dubious track reports. If you make such a claim then you should back it up. We have been down this path before and you came up short. Making a diversion around an obstacle can create a new track but if the obstacle is passable and left alone the old track will revegetate. You seem to be clutching at more straws. I suspect your livid objections to anything ParksVic is likely due to a time (maybe more than one) where you may have fallen foul because you were caught out doing the wrong thing.Since you have so much to say about what PV does wrong I will ask again in a different way. Have you ever put in writing and addressed it to someone who may be able to affect change or is this forum the extent of your ability?

9. skifree

skifree A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

Enough already.

GS, neilmny, Majikthise and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.