1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Booking now for Shiga Kogen Ichonose areas February 2020 - too early?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Shelster, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Shelster

Shelster First Runs

Hello, this forum has been so useful so thank you everyone. We are planning to go to Shiga Kogen - Ichonose Diamond or Ichonose Family in February 2020. For online bookings everything appears unavailable through Feb and March and a travel agent told us many places don't take bookings until October. I managed to contact a couple of hotels directly who have been super helpful. They are willing to take a booking but one said they don't normally take them until September. As we want to explore our options I wanted to confirm if anyone else found the same - when did you book and was there a lot of availability in Sept/Oct? TIA.

2. elSpike

elSpike I am a Meat Popsicle Ski Pass: Gold

Most stuff opens up around September. Some agents can organise earlier but it’s usually a relationship they already have. We’ve booked in March/April through the same agent for the past 5 years and she’s always managed to find something good for our early January dates.

We’ve booked the first half of our trip at Chalet Shiga for 29/12 to 8/1 already. Happy to share contact but prefer private message as they don’t advertise here (I don’t think).

3. M_G

M_G M_G_ = Make skiing great again Ski Pass: Gold

Better to not start a new thread each time.

Shelster and elSpike like this.
  4. Shelster

Shelster First Runs

Sorry, I don't know what you mean.

5. LMB

LMB Old but definitely not Crusty! Ski Pass: Gold

He means it would be neater to keep all your Shiga Kogen questions to one thread, rather than posting multiple Shiga Kogen related questions separately.

We tend to segue and offshoot in threads anyway so for your sake keeping it all in one thread will make it easier to go back to and find the information you’re after.

Hyst, M_G and Shelster like this.
  6. Shoey

Shoey Hard Yards

we have also booked Shiga Kogen for late Jan 2020. Prince Hotel South, early bird specials which incl 3d yakebitaiyama +3d full Shiga Kogen skipass. It seems these deals are now starting to pop up on my facebook feed.

I haven't been so can't comment, looking forward to it.

#6 Shoey, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Kimski and elSpike like this.
  7. elSpike

elSpike I am a Meat Popsicle Ski Pass: Gold

Prince South has a great little izakaya at the ground floor. You are gunna have a blast!

Shoey likes this.