Bringing gear back from Europe

Piste Again

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 27, 2000
Rozelle, NSW
Hi all

I'm in the midst of a realignment of my domestic living arrangements. +1 cracked a shit with F21 and me and moved out. I'm not that troubled by most of the fallout, not least because the relationship was in such tatters that I'd already started seeing someone else, so it's been an emotional soft landing.

However, the part of the fallout I don't like is that our place in France will be sold as part of the settlement and I can't afford to buy her half out and still have a place to live in Sydney. The Inner West is my only viable option as that's where my very much locally-based computer repair business is based. Consequently, there are 3 pairs of skis that have been stored over there, and at least 2 of those will be coming back to Oz after our final trip there in January.

We're flying Emirates and I get 42KG of baggage allowance with my silver frequent flyer so the weight should be no problem. Would I be wise to get a hard case to transport them or is a padded bag good enough bearing in mind it'll have to fit in a station wagon with other people and luggage?

Thanks

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Cardboard and bubble wrap for the skis, binding heals in your normal luggage.

Happy new life to you.

Piste Again

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 27, 2000
Rozelle, NSW
Thanks all

The older kid (F21) is fine. M13 is still getting used to it but I think they are both ok.

The property side of it sucks bigtime.

Reactions: climberman
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass