Buller Crew Banter Thread

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Not having a go by any means! I also want to know who will be checking the test results? Will it by my rates paying RMB staff or my taxes paying Police? I doubt it will be the cops given they said they would not be enforcing another ring of steel.
No way it will be the police.

Reactions: CarveMan

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
So then it will be RMB staff I guess, who had no idea that this was coming - if they did it was held very close, BSL were certainly blindsided. And what happens at Hotham which is a through-road and doesn't even have a toll gate. Is Dinner Plain included?
Starting to suspect it won’t actually be enforced. I just don’t know.

Reactions: Chaeron

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
So then it will be RMB staff I guess, who had no idea that this was coming - if they did it was held very close, BSL were certainly blindsided. And what happens at Hotham which is a through-road and doesn't even have a toll gate. Is Dinner Plain included?
FCRMB CEO indicated by email that the resort did not know it was coming befofe 12:30 - the press conference - completely blindsided. So no prior consultation then by the sounds of it.

qwog

Hard Yards
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
So many holes in this requirement and I don't see it being in place long, but I'm heading up early Friday and don't want to be easy pickings.
the other half and 2 relis - all hospital workers, all have had both doses of Pfizer completed over a month ago are still required to get a negative test result to go up this weekend.

was going up to celebrate my knees being better after so many repairs, but stuff spending my holiday cash in Victoria.

Reactions: Alexg1687 and kiter

xuěboarder

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2016
I highly doubt there will be enforcement - case in point. Last season, I moved home at the start of the season just before we had the individual suburb lockdowns.
I got to the gate and asked them to print my car pass, to which the lady asked me to confirm my address, which was still showing as the lockdown suburb. No questions asked or eyebrows raised, straight through.

Add onto that no notification seemingly for them to prepare..

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
the other half and 2 relis - all hospital workers, all have had both doses of Pfizer completed over a month ago are still required to get a negative test result to go up this weekend.

was going up to celebrate my knees being better after so many repairs, but stuff spending my holiday cash in Victoria.
CG and I will get Pfizer #2 on Tuesday

Reactions: snowgum

Ice Bear

First Runs
Jun 8, 2021
There is a lot on how to get around the regs, however if I was to be asymptomatic, dodge the test and spread it around the Hill I couldn't live with myself....
So maybe that's how it will be enforced, by people doing a risk analysis on the impact on the whole ski community vs the snot check. Plus the cops checking random people.
It's a PITA but we get to ski so it's worth it to me...

xskiaus

First Runs
Jun 16, 2021
How's this for foresight?
  • Testing is required for children over 2.
  • Most test sites will not test children under 5.
  • Of the limited handful of sites that do test children of all ages, all but one closes at 4pm. With typical waiting times of 60+ minutes, these sites will close to new arrivals around 3pm.
  • Those with 3 and 4 year old kids will need to either pull the kids out of school, or all meet up at Monash Clayton which closes at 6pm.
This is utter nonsense. What is the point to needing such young kids to get tested when the accompanying parents are all testing negative? It does make you question and doubt the logic of this decision, and by extension, other decisions.

Sorry for the rant.

xskiaus

First Runs
Jun 16, 2021
Apparently clarified now that tests only required for 12 and over.
Can you please point me to the source?

I tend to look at the primary source (legislation) and ignore the daily podium commentary which flip flops often.

edit: found it, they updated the bullet point in the slide deck

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Can you please point me to the source?

I tend to look at the primary source (legislation) and ignore the daily podium commentary which flip flops often.
1623893930827.png

Reactions: xskiaus

Blue Crusier

First Runs
Jun 17, 2021
Greetings All
I just went and got a COVID test for Alpine travel from Melbourne Pathology. They put a note on their website at mps.com.au "COVID - 19 testing for Alpine Travel". No referral required and no testing fee, and in practice this was so. You must go to a centre that does asymptomatic testing. If you have COVID symptoms they will not let you in the front door as you must go to a standard Covid testing centre. You must bring a medicare card and you will need to give them a mobile phone number if you want to get results by text. You need to say that you require a COVID 19 test for ALPINE travel. If they start asking you for a referral or want to charge a fee, you need to repeat the word ALPINE and delete the word travel, as they are used to doing tests for overseas TRAVEL, for which you must pay.
They administer the test swab now (no longer seld administrated), and it is the two sides of the throat (which I didn't find a problem) and both nostrils (which made my eyes water but wasn't too bad).
You need to be able to give an address and date of birth, and that is about it.
I got mine done at 38 Bond St Ringwood, and there was no queue. They thought I was the first Alpine travel that they had done. They wished me happy skiing, which was ice of them.
The only site listed as open Sunday is 287B Carlisle St Balaclava (8:30-12:30). Looks like there are none open after 5 PM on a weekday.
Now I am just waiting for a text result. I don't know if the requirement is 72 hours from when you receive the results or when you do the test, but I don't expect that the text with the results will quote the TIME and date of the test.
Happy skiing and testing everyone!

absentskier

Smug bozo
Ski Pass
Jun 10, 2010
Melbourne
Greetings All
I just went and got a COVID test for Alpine travel from Melbourne Pathology. They put a note on their website at mps.com.au "COVID - 19 testing for Alpine Travel". No referral required and no testing fee, and in practice this was so. You must go to a centre that does asymptomatic testing. If you have COVID symptoms they will not let you in the front door as you must go to a standard Covid testing centre. You must bring a medicare card and you will need to give them a mobile phone number if you want to get results by text. You need to say that you require a COVID 19 test for ALPINE travel. If they start asking you for a referral or want to charge a fee, you need to repeat the word ALPINE and delete the word travel, as they are used to doing tests for overseas TRAVEL, for which you must pay.
They administer the test swab now (no longer seld administrated), and it is the two sides of the throat (which I didn't find a problem) and both nostrils (which made my eyes water but wasn't too bad).
I got mine done at 38 Bond St Ringwood, and there was no queue. They thought I was the first Alpine travel that they had done. They wished me happy skiing, which was ice of them.
The only site listed as open Sunday is 287B Carlisle St Balaclava (8:30-12:30). Looks like there are none open after 5 PM on a weekday.
Now I am just waiting for a text result. I don't know if the requirement is 72 hours from when you receive the results or when you do the test, but I don't expect that the text with the results will quote the TIME and date of the test.
The 72 hours is from when you do the test, not when you get the result.

Reactions: JuLe and nezumi

JuLe

Addicted
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2019
Melbourne
Greetings All
Thanks for the info! I just got my test back (pretty much bang on 24 hours) and it has the date the swab was collected (no time). Got mine done with 4Cyte.

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
Greetings All

I just walked into my local testing place. No wait (very fortunate and won’t always be the case) , at triage I told her that all the questions she asked the previous person were “no” as I don’t have symptoms as I’m just going to the snow and you’ll see me every week.
Went straight in, checked details, waited, called for second check of details, waited and in I went.
Test was quicker and easier than the first one I had last year. I originally said in and out in under 30 mins but I reckon it was close to 20 mins.
If they make us go to a specific testing centre for Alpine in the future, I won’t be happy as there isn’t one within. 30 min drive for me.

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
FYI the gate is staffed 24/7 until the rules change, govt is picking up the cost. All visitors will be directed through the booth as per Wolly's experience above. What this does do, is protect the resort against an outbreak, which if that happened, it would be disastrous, maybe even end the season for Buller.

Reactions: currawong and Sadie

wolly

One of Us
May 29, 2002
near the snow
FYI the gate is staffed 24/7 until the rules change, govt is picking up the cost. All visitors will be directed through the booth as per Wolly's experience above. What this does do, is protect the resort against an outbreak, which if that happened, it would be disastrous, maybe even end the season for Buller.
Thanks Djam . The graveyard shift would be a long night...... beware of Button Man

Reactions: Zilla and Sadie

tcornall

Hard Yards
Jul 12, 2019
Melbourne
You don’t need to prove it now, they won’t need to check.
Does anyone have an authoritative source for this 'recommendation only' claim? I (using Google) can only find articles from 5 or so days ago that says it's mandatory...
Not that I don't trust you lot. You haven't steered me wrong yet. (Except for whoever recommended that I take up skiing in the first place. Bastard!)

TheFake

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 18, 2008
Does anyone have an authoritative source for this 'recommendation only' claim? I (using Google) can only find articles from 5 or so days ago that says it's mandatory...
Not that I don't trust you lot. You haven't steered me wrong yet. (Except for whoever recommended that I take up skiing in the first place. Bastard!)
Was said in the press conference this morning, and should also be present in the table the premiers department puts out (I haven't personally checked this but it should be in there.)

Reactions: tcornall

emkae

One of Us
Ski Pass
Nov 6, 1998
Melbourne

xskiaus

First Runs
Jun 16, 2021

Reactions: tcornall

Shredderman

One of Us
May 31, 2000
Melbourne

Its now noted on Mt Buller website

JuLe

Addicted
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2019
Melbourne
Hi Buller gang,
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before… what time does Mirimbah gate close on Friday nights?
Thanks in advance!!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass