1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Cabramurra

Discussion in 'Selwyn' started by Craig Robinson, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Craig Robinson

Craig Robinson First Runs

Does anyone know anyone who lives in Cabramurra? I'm hoping to get info on the ski field. Rumour's are it's only available to locals who work with Hydro. I've lived in Cabramurra for 5 years as a child and want to do a reunion trip there.

Help please :)

Regards, Craig

2. Snow Blowey

Snow Blowey Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Just turn up on a weekend when there is snow. There's bound to be someone there.

3. telecrag

telecrag Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Ring Phil at Straight Line in Canberra.02 62806699. he is from there, and I think his family still live there.

4. Craig Robinson

Thanks kindly. Just hope they let me have a ski and not turn me away.

5. Craig Robinson

Thanks kindly - gave Phil a call and he was fantastic. But does anyone actually know anyone who lives in Cabramurra? Someone who I can ask to help ensure I can reminisce on old days living at Cabramurra and get a ski? Thanks kindly

6. Snow Blowey

Try ringing Snowy Hydro - the whole town works for them.

7. Kelpieboy

Kelpieboy One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

I met a bloke the other week who lives at Cabra but he has only been there about 5 or so years. I am from down the hill a bit, just snow side of Tumbarumba and to my knowledge most people in Cabra are only short termers ( up to around 10 years) but someone else may be able to give you a better idea on that. As far as Selwyn goes , anyone can ski there , when its actually got some snow, and they even have locals season passes going for $310. Its not a bad investment if you live in that area and cant be bothered travelling for an hour and a half to Thredbo or PV all the time. Pretty friendly place with not much in the way of crowds as well. I split my time between Selwyn and the other 2 , mainly Selwyn at weekends and Thredbo/PV during the week.

8. Craig Robinson

Thanks kelpie, I am actually on my way to tumba now. Staying there with my Nan's over the next few nights. If your avail tonight I'm up for talking snow over a few ales. Give me a call.

Craig 0432439313.

9. Snow Blowey

you could also ring the everything shop. Not much would get past those ladies.

10. MsHilly

MsHilly Hard Yards

Sad news that this year as a result of Snowy Hydro's strategic review of the Cabramurra Ski Club the licence for the ski club was terminated. SH indicated there would be no skiing in 2015 but perhaps in future years (for SH employees only). We are currently putting together a website to capture historical (and recent) photos and general information about the Cabra Ski Club. Once we get the website sorted I'll post more info and details if people would like to contribute their own photos or stories.

Ozgirl likes this.
  11. agentBM

agentBM Part of the Furniture

Space..traveling through the vast non emptiness
    check my Selwyn report for pics of Cabramurra Ski Club last Friday