Cabramurra

Craig Robinson

First Runs
Jul 28, 2015
Does anyone know anyone who lives in Cabramurra? I'm hoping to get info on the ski field. Rumour's are it's only available to locals who work with Hydro. I've lived in Cabramurra for 5 years as a child and want to do a reunion trip there.

Help please :)

Regards, Craig

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Ring Phil at Straight Line in Canberra.02 62806699. he is from there, and I think his family still live there.

Craig Robinson

First Runs
Jul 28, 2015
Ring Phil at Straight Line in Canberra.02 62806699. he is from there, and I think his family still live there.
Thanks kindly - gave Phil a call and he was fantastic. But does anyone actually know anyone who lives in Cabramurra? Someone who I can ask to help ensure I can reminisce on old days living at Cabramurra and get a ski? Thanks kindly

Kelpieboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2015
Tooma , NSW
I met a bloke the other week who lives at Cabra but he has only been there about 5 or so years. I am from down the hill a bit, just snow side of Tumbarumba and to my knowledge most people in Cabra are only short termers ( up to around 10 years) but someone else may be able to give you a better idea on that. As far as Selwyn goes , anyone can ski there , when its actually got some snow, and they even have locals season passes going for $310. Its not a bad investment if you live in that area and cant be bothered travelling for an hour and a half to Thredbo or PV all the time. Pretty friendly place with not much in the way of crowds as well. I split my time between Selwyn and the other 2 , mainly Selwyn at weekends and Thredbo/PV during the week.

Craig Robinson

First Runs
Jul 28, 2015
I met a bloke the other week who lives at Cabra but he has only been there about 5 or so years. I am from down the hill a bit, just snow side of Tumbarumba and to my knowledge most people in Cabra are only short termers ( up to around 10 years) but someone else may be able to give you a better idea on that. As far as Selwyn goes , anyone can ski there , when its actually got some snow, and they even have locals season passes going for $310. Its not a bad investment if you live in that area and cant be bothered travelling for an hour and a half to Thredbo or PV all the time. Pretty friendly place with not much in the way of crowds as well. I split my time between Selwyn and the other 2 , mainly Selwyn at weekends and Thredbo/PV during the week.
Thanks kelpie, I am actually on my way to tumba now. Staying there with my Nan's over the next few nights. If your avail tonight I'm up for talking snow over a few ales. Give me a call.

Craig 0432439313.

MsHilly

Hard Yards
Jul 13, 2012
Sad news that this year as a result of Snowy Hydro's strategic review of the Cabramurra Ski Club the licence for the ski club was terminated. SH indicated there would be no skiing in 2015 but perhaps in future years (for SH employees only). We are currently putting together a website to capture historical (and recent) photos and general information about the Cabra Ski Club. Once we get the website sorted I'll post more info and details if people would like to contribute their own photos or stories.

Reactions: Ozgirl
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass