1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

camp sites near Tawonga

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by sawtell, Jul 24, 2008.

1. sawtell

sawtell First Runs

Hey guys and girls of course.

I have a small problem which i would like help with.
    Basically a few mates have booked accom in Tawonga, and a few mates got on board, now we have 6 in a 5 person room. i was last to pay.
    We are going to try and sleep there, all of us, but if we do get kicked out, it would only be fair if i was to be booking last.
    Now, i am still keen as to go, so i am not letting accomo issue's stop me!

I am happy to camp, or sleep in car, i have sleept in car at base of baw baw, and just out of mansfield, many times.

Does any one know if there is any where suitable to park my car and sleep around Tawonga, facilities are not really an issue, i can always head out to their place and have a shower or what ever need be.

i am more then happy to pay, but being by my self, and such short notice, it is pretty hard to get some where to stay. for under a million dollars.

any help appreciated!

alex.

2. ads69

ads69 Hard Yards

Alex, I just stayed at this place last W/E in a cabin http://www.holidaycentre.com.au/ in South Tawonga. It was recommended to me when I asked on this forum. It was nice for the price and I would stay there again. It’s also right next door to the pub which is always a bonus! I suppose if you didn’t want to splash out on a room you could “camp†be it in your car. Looking at their web site it’s $24 per night/ $156 per week for an unpowered site for two people. Give them a call they were quite helpful over the phone when I booked.

#2 ads69, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  3. sawtell

sawtell First Runs

Thank you for that, i have booked the night there!

Another quick qustion, does anyone know what the cut of time is for a half daily ticket, as in what time the PM ones start? cheers