Camping for the 2022 season

Balsta

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 11, 2012
Kit your car/tent out correctly you shouldn’t be cold (and that’s without a heater). That said I haven’t tested my setup at -15, is toasty warm at -6 though.

Reactions: DidSurfNowSki

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
Kit your car/tent out correctly you shouldn’t be cold (and that’s without a heater). That said I haven’t tested my setup at -15, is toasty warm at -6 though.

Had a couple of nights in a van at crested butte years ago. -40 2 nights in a row....slept in long johns socks gloves hat and one good down bag inside my cheaper summer bag. I can still feel the cold on my back to this day! :cool:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Humphrey

Hard Yards
May 30, 2020
I have had a great time in reading your posts guys !
LOL
When I was a lifty in 1988 I lived in Perisher but remember spending one night with a work mate in his caravan at Jindy C Park .
It was the coldest bloody night I had there in 3 months .
Seen the Angels that night at the pub .

Humphrey

Hard Yards
May 30, 2020
I have had a great time in reading your posts guys !
LOL
When I was a lifty in 1988 I lived in Perisher but remember spending one night with a work mate in his caravan at Jindy C Park .
It was the coldest bloody night I had there in 3 months .
Seen the Angels that night at the pub .
I think lift tickets were $32 a day but had a season pass .
A schooner was 2.10 at the Man .
Cleared $300.00 a week
1988 !

Snow Blowey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Jan 7, 2004
Dubbo NSW
I guess the only problem with living and working in the mountains is that everyone knows that your sick day corresponds to fresh snowfall.

Years ago my work people were oblivious to snow weather. Then this particular admin lady started and when mate and i (same employer) called it in sick from behind a rock (to get out of the wind) she'd say something along the lines of. 40cm fresh snow last night. Have fun skiing. I farkin hated that.

Parallax

Hard Yards
May 24, 2016
VIC / NSW / ACT
PXL_20220611_104101105.NIGHT~2.jpg
Quite a few tents at JB plain this evening. Rocking some new half metre long snow pegs this year.

Snowmaker7

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Bowral, NSW
Anyone had any issues putting multiple swags on the same site at NRMA jindy? I know some parks have a limit of one per site. But it doesn't say anything in the booking conditions I got with my confirmation email. I have paid for the amount of people that will be on the site, I can't see there will be any issues... will there?

iagreewithhim

Blessed are the bignoses
Ski Pass
Sep 3, 2001
A very long way from everybody
Hey brains trust:
Thinking of shelling out big $ for a thermal blanket for the camper trailer to hopefully reduce condensation (and maybe stop canvas collapsing under snow buildup). Island Bend in August type scenario. Anybody had experience with blankets? Worthwhile?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

W0nkey D0nkey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 5, 2017
Wollongong
Have just cancelled for this weekend at IB if anyone is looking for a spot.
This still available?
I contradict myself saying I never book a few posts back, but I'll be having a proper camp on Saturday with a fire etc rather than quietly sneaking up after dark and sleeping in the car.
Should probably have a booking.

W0nkey D0nkey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 5, 2017
Wollongong
This still available?
I contradict myself saying I never book a few posts back, but I'll be having a proper camp on Saturday with a fire etc rather than quietly sneaking up after dark and sleeping in the car.
Should probably have a booking.
Sorry just re read you cancelled,
I'll check the booking site if it's still up there.

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
Ngarigo on Saturday night. We had a booking as I booked all our trips as soon as available. Anyway arrive last night around 9pm. Only one other campsite site set up. Apparently booked out on the booking app.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass