1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Camping up for 2018 season

Discussion in 'Snow Talk' started by skull, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Reginald

Reginald First Runs

Well, you've only got yourself to blame advertising the what a great place it is on a public forum! Seriously though, I have loved this thread and your posted experiences from 2018 were instrumental in getting me and (somewhat more reluctantly) my wife and kids into the possibility on snow camping. Whilst our initial foray down at the NRMA site led to our new geodesic tent being destroyed on the night of July 9th/10th , we will be back again this weekend, at Island Bend this time, and armed with an Oztent RV5. This was the only tent model left standing when everyone else go wiped out down at the lake. Nervously watching the BOM predictions Vs the weather prediction forum threads here which are very different cos that would be an expensive tent to ruin...plus, I think my wife will definitely say that's the end....fingers crossed!

FINCL, skull and crackson like this.