1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Canada 2021

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Avanti, Jan 16, 2020 at 12:52 PM.

1. Avanti

Avanti First Runs

I am new to the forum and would like some help planning for our family ski trip next year. We intend to be in British Columbia for the whole of February looking to ski for 2/3 weeks and visit Sun peaks and Silverstar, we will hire a car and do some touring around Banff and Victoria island. We will need a 2 bedroom apartment for my wife and i plus our 2 university age siblings at the ski resorts and prefer ski in/out if possible. We live in Adelaide and have skied Whistler and Sun peaks previously we are strong intermediate level so not after steep and deep. Can anyone recommend a travel agent in Adelaide who knows the areas we intend to visit. thanks for your help and input.

2. chicski

chicski A Local Ski Pass: Gold

I used skimax this trip and found them good.

3. Crystal

Crystal (Sly made me Cry) - Sand skier extraordinaire Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

I book a heap myself but also use an agent for some things that they can get wholesale that the public don't have access to. I use Travelplan and have so for years, have found them great and always get good rates. Use the net and cost out as much as you can then hit an agent and ask them for a quote..... cherry pick what you like.

northsail likes this.
  4. gareth_oau

gareth_oau Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

I do all my own planning and bookings

www.topofthemiuntain.ca is the biggest/best for accommodation at SP but also try alluradirect if you want to deal directly

be aware the Presidents Week occurs from around 14fh Febrary so pricing for accommodation in that week will be peak, so try to plan your dates away from that to avoid crowds and high pricing

5. gareth_oau

6. sly_karma

sly_karma Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

When some serious weather pounded BC this week, flights were disrupted and some from Australia were canceled. Some posters here had were impressed with the way Travelplan worked hard to get them booked on new flights. Travel agents are not as thick on the ground as they used to be, but those that survive have done so by providing superior service, and access to bulk pricing you wont see as a punter online.

Pademelon likes this.
  7. Crystal

Crystal (Sly made me Cry) - Sand skier extraordinaire Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

another good agent is @Ski Holidays Sue she is based in Canada for the season so really knows the low down.

8. Lady Penelope

Lady Penelope One of some lot ... Ski Pass: Gold

I was one of those. Booked through Travelplan and when my outbound Air Canada flight from Brisbane was cancelled at short notice (due to an on-board tragic death) I rang Travelpan at 7.30am that Sunday and got hold of someone within 10 minutes. He moved heaven and earth to get us on a different flight out of Sydney that same day. I tried calling Air Canada direct and was informed that the wait time was in excess of 1 hour. So even though you may pay a little extra with a travel agent, I am happy to go with them for this very reason: dealing with emergencies.

sly_karma, Pademelon and BilbyBill like this.
  9. Avanti

Avanti First Runs

Thanks for all your information have contacted travel plan and skimax to start the ball rolling. Quick question can you book flights for February next year now or wait until the March this year .

10. gareth_oau

Your return dates drive your booking. Have to be around 350(?) days out