Canada opens to fully vaccinated skiers September

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
Good news for skiers and snowboarders missing their Canadian snow fix. The country announced today plans to open international borders from September 7 to fully vaccinated travellers.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

emkae

A Local
Ski Pass
Nov 6, 1998
Melbourne
Great.

Just the small matter of when Aus will let us out!
Unless you are one of the "special" people that can seemingly come and go as they please...

Australians and permanent residents​

If you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption. You can apply online but you must meet at least one of the following:

• your travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid
  • your travel is for your business/employer
  • you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia
  • you are travelling outside Australia for a compelling reason for three months or longer
  • you are travelling on compelling or compassionate grounds
  • your travel is in the national interest.

Reactions: LMB and skull

Me+3

One of Us
Jun 26, 2014

skichanger

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
Unless you are one of the "special" people that can seemingly come and go as they please...

Australians and permanent residents​

If you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption. You can apply online but you must meet at least one of the following:

• your travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid
  • your travel is for your business/employer
  • you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia
  • you are travelling outside Australia for a compelling reason for three months or longer
  • you are travelling on compelling or compassionate grounds
  • your travel is in the national interest.
I met at least 3 of those and was still refused permission to leave. No explanation, no nothing except 1 sentence saying permission denied.

So over this bullshit. Unable to comprehend what this has probably cost me. Thankful I will not be finding a dead body in my basement when I finally get to Japan.

Reactions: Jacko4650

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
Makes sense. If the Vaccines work as promised, this will be one of the new "incentives" for non-believers to get their shots.
It was a timely reminder for me to book in my second AZ shot in Jindy in early August.
Brisbane to Vancouver in 11 hours, one of the quickest ski destinations (snow underfoot that is) for summer, a key criteria for me, needing to get home quick due to Cyclone/Flooding issues should they occur.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
As I said in @CarveMan poll thread, I can’t wait to get back o/s to ski and Canada is high on the list of places I want to go back to.

my fear is what happens if I get Covid whilst travelling, will I be able to fly? Will I have to isolate in country, will I have to quarantine on return.

I can deal with the last one, not the first two.

Id also like to see a lot of repatriation flights first, outside of common decency I want to see the governments response here to possible lapses.

Annabuzzy

Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
that date is for USA residents only
Not AUS
You sure about that?

“As of August 8, citizens and permanent residents of the USA who are fully vaccinated will be able to cross the border into Canada, then to all countries from September 7. The two week quarantine has been abolished for these travellers.

Foreign travellers will require proof of vaccination with vaccines to be administered at least fourteen days prior. Two Pfizer doses, two Moderna or two AstraZeneca or one Johnson and Johnson vaccine will be required in order to enter Canada.”

Reactions: LMB

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018
As I said in @CarveMan poll thread, I can’t wait to get back o/s to ski and Canada is high on the list of places I want to go back to.

Id also like to see a lot of repatriation flights first, outside of common decency I want to see the governments response here to possible lapses.
The planes have to go somewhere to pick people up and take them back, I’m thinking. It’s a two way thing…

Reactions: Annabuzzy

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
The planes have to go somewhere to pick people up and take them back, I’m thinking. It’s a two way thing…
True

i reckon it’s just a bit insensitive to head o/s before all those stuck o/s get a chance to get home.

Personally I also want to see how the government handle any issues with those coming home before I book anything

Reactions: Roymond
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Annabuzzy

Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
maybe with two negative tests to make sure we don’t bring any variants home.

otherwise why quarantine
I’m sure a negative test or two would be a precondition to release from home quarantine.

Bear in mind though the world will be moving to quarantine free travel for the vaccinated. I’m not sure how long we can resist the international tide. Home quarantine will be a transitional arrangement, obviously!

skichanger

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
I'll bet we would still be doing 2 weeks quarantine on return...no thanks!
I have absolutely no issue doing 2 weeks home quarantine. I do have an issue doing 2 weeks hotel quarantine because it is not fit for purpose. Would be my highest risk of catching covid during the whole pandemic. If they had something fit for purpose I would have no issue doing that.

skichanger

A Local
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 2012
chaletmyoko.com
We will need a change of Federal Govt. for anything to change or get done at all about CV19, Vaccines, Quarantine and Global Travel. The LNP in Canberra just do not want to know or wish to act usefully , at all.
We are being told the LNP are doing what the people want. Well I call bullshit on that. And as for the messaging...... aahhggg! nothing but incompetence. I fell like I am living a very old bad science fiction novel. Before we went to Japan at the end of 2019 we watched Years and Years. It is like a lot of what happened in that show has come true.

Having a prime minister who is a member of a cult is just wrong.

And these are not vaccines. That is part of the messaging that is wrong. Vaccines give you immunity. These just reduce the symptoms.

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
We are being told the LNP are doing what the people want. Well I call bullshit on that. And as for the messaging...... aahhggg! nothing but incompetence. I fell like I am living a very old bad science fiction novel. Before we went to Japan at the end of 2019 we watched Years and Years. It is like a lot of what happened in that show has come true.

Having a prime minister who is a member of a cult is just wrong.

And these are not vaccines. That is part of the messaging that is wrong. Vaccines give you immunity. These just reduce the symptoms.
I tend to agree with much of what you say.
Having a PM who a member of a weird cult is counter productive to the national interest. He is not terribly bright either which is often how these cults suck people in. They lure the dumb dumbs in hook , line and sinker.
We are all deeply frustrated with the wheels of the nation spinning in the mud with no one able to find a shovel and some boards to get the truck out and moving in a useful direction.
I have stockpiled money for skiing abroad.
Time lost cannot be refunded when it comes to life and one's goals.

Just get me my second AZ shot, a Pfizer booster and let me out !!.

Reactions: rowdyflat
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass