1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Canada Working Holiday - Social side?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by KateEC, Oct 7, 2019.

1. KateEC

KateEC First Runs

Hi there!

I'm planning on doing a working holiday in Canada over the 20/21 season with my bf and my question is basically if anyone has worked at a resort/mountain that was particularly social and easy to meet other people at?

We're both very social people and 20 years old so a big part of doing this trip is too make lots of new friends. Not necessarily looking for the wildest nightlife in Canada or anything, just somewhere you can have fun with other young people.

Whistler obviously has lots of people but I've been leaning more towards some of the Banff resorts so just wondering if this area has lots of people to hang out with or if it can be isolating (or if you recommend somewhere completely different)?

Has anyone worked in this area and have any recommendations?

2. sly_karma

sly_karma Old n' Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

All the resorts use loads of young people on working holiday visas for their front line staff. You'll meet people of similar age and background no matter where you decide to work. After that, the social scene is up to you.

3. Sbooker

Sbooker One of Us

Towns like Rossland and Nelson are known for their laid back vibe. They also have nice ski hills close by.