Trip Report Canberra Crew Northern Adventures!

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
Yep, socked in at the top of the hill. Went over to Blackcomb and skied off the glacier lift. Didn’t go any higher as the visibility wasn’t great and there’s lots of avi clearance debris which if you hit them at speed would mean really bad things.

So took the peak to peak over to Whistler and skied down to Creekside for lunch.

5A9659D4-1899-400A-8DEC-87C89A160A6A.jpeg

Had a fun afternoon skiing by feel off the t-bars at Whistler. Off piste up high would have been brilliant if one could actually see. On piste from the Roundhouse down was actually skiing quite well.

Did someone say apres ski ??? :)

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
The sun is shining and fresh snow has fallen but I’m going to call it for skiing for this trip. I need to listen to my body trying to tell me I need a break after 5 weeks of pretty solid skiing and I don’t fancy facing the weekend lift queues.

I’ll put up some final thoughts in the next day or so as I make my way back across the Pacific to Oz to complete this trip.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
I think our generation called them percolator coffee machines or just drip coffee machines. Whatever you call then they make shit coffee
Just because it makes shit coffee, doesn't mean you need multiple Google's to operate!

Def showing age "must be women's work"

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
The sun is shining and fresh snow has fallen but I’m going to call it for skiing for this trip. I need to listen to my body trying to tell me I need a break after 5 weeks of pretty solid skiing and I don’t fancy facing the weekend lift queues.

I’ll put up some final thoughts in the next day or so as I make my way back across the Pacific to Oz to complete this trip.
Well done.

I actually took a day off mid week in Niseko, just cause I could. No need to push myself (if snow was epic , maybe)

Reactions: DidSurfNowSki

zac150

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Just because it makes shit coffee, doesn't mean you need multiple Google's to operate!

Def showing age "must be women's work"

nah ask @DidSurfNowSki i have a selection of coffee makers from drip machines, pod, hand held espresso and stove top espresso (my favourite).

I just hate badly made coffee, luckily I work near Canberra’s best coffee shops!

Reactions: DidSurfNowSki

Astro66

Still looking for a park in Thredbo
Jul 27, 2009
Eastern Subs Syd
A Soy break ??? SOFT !!!

After 18 consecutive days skiing, I was still skiing when the first boarding call was made. Less cake, more skiing Soy Boy <shakes head>

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass